Dick Miale

Default souvenir spoon holder question

I'm trying to make a spoon holder rack and I can't figure out an easy way of
putting in the slots. They seem to be "T" shaped, about 1/4" wide at the
throat and 1/2 wide at the top, with the top slot about 3/16" deep. Has
anyone made one of these, and how did you construct the holding slot for the
spoon?

Thanks

bremen68

Dick Miale wrote:
I'm trying to make a spoon holder rack and I can't figure out an easy way of
putting in the slots. They seem to be "T" shaped, about 1/4" wide at the
throat and 1/2 wide at the top, with the top slot about 3/16" deep. Has
anyone made one of these, and how did you construct the holding slot for the
spoon?

Thanks

Howdy......my suggestion is a router bit......lock in the board that
you'll be routing in a clamp/jig and slide it in.....

Toller

I just got a t-slot cutter for my new router table. It is approximately the
dimensions you mention. Seems too small to hold a spoon, but maybe souvenir
spoons are small?

Dick Miale

Funny you should mention that. I was browsing Rockler's website and the 1/2
T-Slot bit will probably work. The depth of the T is only about 1/8", but
their T depth is 3/16 which is close enough.
Thanks for your suggestion

"Toller" wrote in message
I just got a t-slot cutter for my new router table. It is approximately
the dimensions you mention. Seems too small to hold a spoon, but maybe
souvenir spoons are small?

George

"Toller" wrote in message
I just got a t-slot cutter for my new router table. It is approximately
the dimensions you mention. Seems too small to hold a spoon, but maybe
souvenir spoons are small?

Most of the spoons should fit with a t-slot bit, but they will certainly fit
if you're willing to double-cut using a core box bit, gluing a molding up
front, and slotting it. At least the ones I've made will.

David Sizemore

A keyhole bit worked for me.

Fred

Dick Miale wrote:
I'm trying to make a spoon holder rack and I can't figure out an easy way of
putting in the slots. They seem to be "T" shaped, about 1/4" wide at the
throat and 1/2 wide at the top, with the top slot about 3/16" deep. Has
anyone made one of these, and how did you construct the holding slot for the
spoon?

Thanks

The ones i've seen were cut out with a jig (scroll) saw.

Fred
Ron

"Dick Miale" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a spoon holder rack and I can't figure out an easy way

of
putting in the slots. They seem to be "T" shaped, about 1/4" wide at the
throat and 1/2 wide at the top, with the top slot about 3/16" deep. Has
anyone made one of these, and how did you construct the holding slot for

the
spoon?

Thanks

I built one myself early this summer for a customer.

This is the key hole/ hanging slot router bit I used and it worked pretty
well for me
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...erings_id=2139

I'd also recommend clamping a piece of scrap board to the outfeed side to
minimize tear-out.

BTW, the one I built would hold about 60 spoons, 4 rows of 15.
I varied the spacing between rows from 4 - 5.5" I believe, since the
collectable spoons also vary in size.

Ron

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Lincoln AC/DC Tig- Idealarc Tig 250/250 question Gunner Metalworking 16 November 29th 04 07:05 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM