Joe Bott

Default Help locating drawer slide hardware

Hello! I'm having a problem fixing some drawers in our recently
purchased house. They've got a drawer slide system that I havent seen at
any hardware stores yet.

The current slides use two things attached to the back of the drawer
that look like this: http://www.bunkmonkey.com/drawerslide.jpg. This is
what I'm trying to replace, since it should have a little wheel on the
bottom. The wheels hang below the bottom of the drawer, and ride along a
rail. There are wheels inside the cabinets towards the face that the
drawer rides on. Like this, but less blurry in real life:
http://www.bunkmonkey.com/drawerslide2.jpg

So, does anyone know where I could find these things? The text stamped
on them (GRANT DL) hasnt led me anywhere yet.

Failing that, are there easier to find drawer slide systems that dont
require attaching anything to the drawers, except the back? The drawers
dont have enough clearance for attaching rails to the sides without
cutting a notch in the cabinets - and that notch would probably be
visible around the drawer edge since the drawer face lip is very small.

Thanks,
Joe
George M. Kazaka

Grant is the company name and the DL is fro "Drawer Left"

Not sure where you can get any of Grant's hardwre in the retail market,
Where are you located I may be able to find you a commercial supplier in
your area that carries them.

George
"Joe Bott" wrote in message
[...]

Ron Truitt

There is a type of drawer slide system that has one back of drawer
mounted bracket with a wheel and it rides on a single channel mounted in
the bottom middle of the drawer opening.

If you can't find Grant hardware you might be able to switch the drawers
to the above with minimal problems.

RonT

mike hide

"Joe Bott" wrote in message
[...]

All kinds of systems Joe ,grant seems to me wee or are a major slide
manufacturer .It's my guess they will be mentioned in any google search
[perhaps you have not heard of them ] if they are mentioned then you can
most likely get their catalog and info on where to purchase them locally...

Joe Bott

Aww, DL is just "Drawer Left"? No wonder googling on Grant DL didnt come
up with anything useful.

I just did some more searching online, and while I've found a couple
Grant items here and there, nothing that looks remotely like what I need.

It looks like theyre part of Hettich now, correct? I found a drawer
slide brochure thats in German
(http://www.hettichamerica.com/hus/PD...bladenf_ze.pdf) but
theres nothing in there that looks right.

Anyways, I'm in the Milwaukee, WI, US area. If you happen to know a
place in there area that has these things, that'd be great! Otherwise, I
may super glue a LEGO wheel to it and call it a day.

Thanks again,
Joe