arw01

Default Kreg bandsaw fence

This has come onto my short list of tools to invest in. My Ryobi BS50N
didn't make it to my house with the factory fence, and frankly I plan
to upgrade at some time in the future to a larger machine.

My bandsaw spent enought time in it's prior life to have created a
difference in table hight from one side of the blade access slot to the
other. Therefore when working with resawing, I have to often tilt the
wood fence, monkey around with clamps, etc. Therefore I'm very
interested in the Kreg fence that is supposed to allow one to tilt the
fence to parallel to the blade.

However, the photos on the Kreg site:

http://www.kregtool.com/products/pms...?PRODUCT_ID=38

click photos link

do not show how the fence tilts, nor do the they actually SHOW it
tilted.

Would someone with the fence mind taking some photos of explaining how
it works?

thanks
Alan

BillyBob

"arw01" wrote in message
oups.com...

Would someone with the fence mind taking some photos of explaining how
it works?

Alan,

The extensive photo gallery on the Kreg sight seems to show a lot of detail,
including illustrations of how the fence tilts and adjusts. Did you see the
link to it? Its got 14 different photos. It would be nice if all
manufacturers did this to show their products.

Bob

I have a slightly different version of this fence (the old FasTTrack
brand), so I could be wrong. But, if you look at the 2nd photo in the
Kreg gallery, there are two hex head screws in the fence casting. I
believe these are used to tilt the casting and adjust the fence in the
vertical plane.

arw01

I found the manual not too long after posting on their site, which does
indeed confirm your suspicion. The two hexhead's are nylon which used
together can tilt the clamping mechanism a ways.

Alan

Pounds on Wood

"arw01" wrote in message
oups.com...

My bandsaw spent enought time in it's prior life to have created a
difference in table hight from one side of the blade access slot to the
other. Therefore when working with resawing, I have to often tilt the
wood fence, monkey around with clamps, etc. Therefore I'm very
interested in the Kreg fence that is supposed to allow one to tilt the
fence to parallel to the blade.

thanks
Alan

No comment on the Kreg, but will ask about your table problem - you do have
the table pin in place right? That is what holds the table halves in line.

--
********
Bill Pounds