Robert Lee

Default Hollow Chisel Mortising machine

Hey there,

I recently traded laying my sister's floor in her home, and reluctant to
accept cash, she offered to buy me a machine of my choice.

The choice is, Which dedicated (table modle) would you recommend. Post
here, thanks.

Duane Bozarth

Robert Lee wrote:

Hey there,

I recently traded laying my sister's floor in her home, and reluctant to
accept cash, she offered to buy me a machine of my choice.

The choice is, Which dedicated (table modle) would you recommend. Post
here, thanks.

Been reasonably satisfied w/ the Delta iron-table version of the two
similar ones...don't recall exact model number but the lesser on has the
MDF table...

It's not great but it works. The upper position for extended height
isn't well thought out as the fence guide is pretty funky in that
position but can get by...

Chisels not great but functional for softwoods and not large work in
hardwood. A better set of replacement chisels will be a added purchase
shortly, undoubtedly, if you use it much...
Alisa Piar

I have the General with the tilt head, but have only played with it with a
few scraps of wood so far. It is solid and operates smoothly. It is a
definite step up from the lower priced Delta I have used before, but more
pricey. I will know more about it this fall when I tackle an entertainment
center out of antique yellow pine and a new dinning room trestle table out
of two inch mahogany.

Semper Fi!
Wade
"Robert Lee" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hey there,

I recently traded laying my sister's floor in her home, and reluctant to
accept cash, she offered to buy me a machine of my choice.

The choice is, Which dedicated (table modle) would you recommend. Post
here, thanks.

Nate Perkins

"Robert Lee" wrote in news:cyxNe.6812$RZ2.6262
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Hey there,

I recently traded laying my sister's floor in her home, and reluctant to
accept cash, she offered to buy me a machine of my choice.

The choice is, Which dedicated (table modle) would you recommend. Post
here, thanks.

I like my tilt-head General a lot. It's getting quite a workout on my
latest project (frame and panel cherry buffet/hutch for SWMBO).

Upscale

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message

I like my tilt-head General a lot. It's getting quite a workout on my
latest project (frame and panel cherry buffet/hutch for SWMBO).

Which one do you have, the 050T or the 075?