Bob the Tomato

Default Which woodworking magazine was it....?

HELP!
I need a plan that I saw in a recent WW magazine. It was a shop built
Router Lift. I don't know if it was in Wood, or Shopnotes, or what.
I know that I bought the magazine, but I have no idea which issue it
was and now I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? I am not
advocating copying the article, I'm more than happy to purchase
another copy of a back issue, just let me know what month / year and
which magazine it was. THANKS!
Bob the Tomato

Mike in Arkansas

Bruce is correct. I just bought that copy on ebay because I thought I
might want build it. But went another route (no pun intended).

Was cruising the Wood Central web site recently and came across an
article by Ellis Walentine who helped design the router table that Norm
later made famous. The original design which was published in American
Woodworker Apr 95 (out of print) had a flex shaft mechanism running to
a wheel on the front of the cabinet to accomplish the router lift.

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/r...cles_479.shtml

Prometheus

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:24:01 -0700, Bob the Tomato
wrote:

HELP!
I need a plan that I saw in a recent WW magazine. It was a shop built
Router Lift. I don't know if it was in Wood, or Shopnotes, or what.
I know that I bought the magazine, but I have no idea which issue it
was and now I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? I am not
advocating copying the article, I'm more than happy to purchase
another copy of a back issue, just let me know what month / year and
which magazine it was. THANKS!

There was a user tip in Woodsmith a couple of issues back (too tired
to dig it out right this minute and check the number) for a shop-made
router lift.

No real need to buy a back issue if that was the one- it was half a
pipe clamp (the side with the little crank) mounted to the underside
of the router table with one of those threaded bushings that look like
they could be the end of a shower curtain rod. Router was lifted and
lowered by the crank on the pipe clamp. Really simple.

If it was another one, I'm as in the dark as you are.

Bob the Tomato

(slaps forehead) That's it! Thanks!

Now that I know what I'm looking for, I might actually be able to find
it!

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:47:09 GMT, "Bruce Adams"
wrote:

"Yes, it was American Woodworker #106, March 2004 " as found at
http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/c...es;read=142755
HTH, Bruce
"Bob the Tomato" wrote in message
.. .
HELP!
I need a plan that I saw in a recent WW magazine. It was a shop built
Router Lift. I don't know if it was in Wood, or Shopnotes, or what.
I know that I bought the magazine, but I have no idea which issue it
was and now I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? I am not
advocating copying the article, I'm more than happy to purchase
another copy of a back issue, just let me know what month / year and
which magazine it was. THANKS!
Bob the Tomato

New woodworking magazine [email protected] Woodworking 42 July 31st 05 06:17 PM
FA: Woodworking magazine back issues Buddy Matlosz Woodturning 0 February 15th 05 11:24 PM
New Woodworking Magazine? John E. Flatley, Jr. Woodworking 26 February 8th 04 03:44 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
New Woodworking Magazine... JackChatfield Woodworking 13 October 1st 03 06:35 AM