Patrick Conroy

Default Yeah - it's gloatable

....even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge. The 10"
GMC Compound Miter Saw 'Redeye' was $19.75. Likely pure junk for fine
work, but I knew of a coworker trying to finish his whole basement with a
circular saw. So I grabbed one for him. Heck, even if it Harbor-Freight-
Explodes after a month, it'll have saved him some pain.

The 1 1/4" "Magnesium" Tradesman 18g Brad Nailer was $17. Grabbed that for
myself, as my venerable HF 46309 $19.99 18g nailer had finally started
jamming after several years of (light but) reliable use.

I popped in another Lowes a dozen or so miles away and their stuff was not
on a Fire Sale, so I have no idea if this is local, regional or national.

One can only hope that Lowes has seen the light and will pull their house-
brand stuff from the shelves and reload the good stuff, I guess.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Patrick Conroy" wrote in message
...even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge. The 10"
GMC Compound Miter Saw 'Redeye' was $19.75. Likely pure junk for fine
work, but I knew of a coworker trying to finish his whole basement with a
circular saw.

For twenty bucks, it has to be OK for whacking the ends off 2 x 4s. Did it
come with a blade? Even that has to be $5 for one that is going to get
ruined on some rough work.

patrick conroy

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

For twenty bucks, it has to be OK for whacking the ends off 2 x 4s. Did
it come with a blade? Even that has to be $5 for one that is going to get
ruined on some rough work.

Yep - 40T carbide.
I'm sure just like a WWII...

Pat Barber

They appear to have come to their senses on these terrible
tool choices. Our local store is purging all that crap as
we speak.

The brad nailers might be a good deal. A CMS for $19 is
probably about what it's worth.

Patrick Conroy wrote:

...even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge.

bf

Patrick Conroy wrote:
...even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge. The 10"
GMC Compound Miter Saw 'Redeye' was $19.75.

Heck, yeah, for $20 I'd buy one just to lend out to people or to keep
in the garage, etc. I wouldn't try to install crown moulding or
anything, but that's a good deal.

OT (yeah, right!): Politics Tom Watson Woodworking 140 September 4th 04 04:02 PM
What is a SLEDGE? SJF Home Repair 21 August 16th 04 05:04 PM
Another day, another auction. Oh yeah, fire too V8TR4 Metalworking 1 October 26th 03 03:19 AM
Oh yeah.... knife Tim Williams Metalworking 1 September 26th 03 04:37 PM
Yeah, it's gone up! SwampBug Woodworking 4 September 23rd 03 04:20 AM