Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Patrick Conroy

Default Yeah - it's gloatable

....even if it's a GMC Miter Saw and a Tradesman Brad Nailer.

Our local Lowe's here seems to be on a GMC/Tradesman-Rexon purge. The 10"
GMC Compound Miter Saw 'Redeye' was $19.75. Likely pure junk for fine
work, but I knew of a coworker trying to finish his whole basement with a
circular saw. So I grabbed one for him. Heck, even if it Harbor-Freight-
Explodes after a month, it'll have saved him some pain.

The 1 1/4" "Magnesium" Tradesman 18g Brad Nailer was $17. Grabbed that for
myself, as my venerable HF 46309 $19.99 18g nailer had finally started
jamming after several years of (light but) reliable use.

I popped in another Lowes a dozen or so miles away and their stuff was not
on a Fire Sale, so I have no idea if this is local, regional or national.

One can only hope that Lowes has seen the light and will pull their house-
brand stuff from the shelves and reload the good stuff, I guess.

OT (yeah, right!): Politics Tom Watson Woodworking 140 September 4th 04 04:02 PM
What is a SLEDGE? SJF Home Repair 21 August 16th 04 05:04 PM
Another day, another auction. Oh yeah, fire too V8TR4 Metalworking 1 October 26th 03 03:19 AM
Oh yeah.... knife Tim Williams Metalworking 1 September 26th 03 04:37 PM
Yeah, it's gone up! SwampBug Woodworking 4 September 23rd 03 04:20 AM