loutent

Default Norm's filming....

Just surfed over to NYW website. Norm is
shooting his new season - there is a schedule
there. Also a webcam.

Some of the projects for 2006 look pretty
interesting. Here is a partial list:

Colonial Fireplace Mantel
Plantation Shutters
Work Shop Helpers
Poker Table
New Yankee Shop Clock
Router 101 (Parts One and Two)
Corner Table
Greek Revival Bookcase
Storage Shed
Wall Hung Console

For fellow Normites.

Lou
Brian Siano

loutent wrote:
Just surfed over to NYW website. Norm is
shooting his new season - there is a schedule
there. Also a webcam.

Is this it?

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Some of the projects for 2006 look pretty
interesting. Here is a partial list:

Colonial Fireplace Mantel
Plantation Shutters
Work Shop Helpers
Poker Table
New Yankee Shop Clock
Router 101 (Parts One and Two)
Corner Table
Greek Revival Bookcase
Storage Shed
Wall Hung Console

For fellow Normites.

Lou

Leon

"Brian Siano" wrote in message
loutent wrote:
Just surfed over to NYW website. Norm is
shooting his new season - there is a schedule
there. Also a webcam.

Is this it?

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Don't think so, try here http://www.newyankee.com/yankeecam.php

D Steck

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

BTW: Mini Gloat, my sister won a trip this past winter to visit the farm
house the TOH was rebuilding. She met Norm, Kevin, Tom, and Richard. She
got me an autographed TOH magazine signed by Norm and Tom.

"loutent" wrote in message
Just surfed over to NYW website. Norm is
shooting his new season - there is a schedule
there. Also a webcam.

Some of the projects for 2006 look pretty
interesting. Here is a partial list:

Colonial Fireplace Mantel
Plantation Shutters
Work Shop Helpers
Poker Table
New Yankee Shop Clock
Router 101 (Parts One and Two)
Corner Table
Greek Revival Bookcase
Storage Shed
Wall Hung Console

For fellow Normites.

Lou

loutent

In article , D Steck
wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Yeah, I had the same reaction....36 inch belt sander will
do it every time.

Lou

Allen Epps

In article ,
loutent wrote:

In article , D Steck
wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Yeah, I had the same reaction....36 inch belt sander will
do it every time.

Lou

Gee, Norm has an iMac G3 in his shop just like mine. Had to do something
with the old computer so it's there so I can stream iTunes to the shop.

Allen
John Grossbohlin

"D Steck" wrote in message
Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

That woman likes to goof around with the web cam... sticks stuffed animals
up in front of it and stuff. I guess she gets bored watching glue set up.
;-)

John

Probably there to keep a list of shots made or timings, etc.
Also perhaps email or used for digital editing.

MJ Wallace

Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations....

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:58:59 -0500, "D Steck"
wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Is it the cute chick, or the fact that someone
else cleans up? (that WOULD be a tossup...although
*I* think I would go with the cleanup).
There are folks with strange senses of
humor there too:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19
Regards
Dave Mundt

PC Paul

wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Is it the cute chick, or the fact that someone
else cleans up? (that WOULD be a tossup...although
*I* think I would go with the cleanup).
There are folks with strange senses of
humor there too:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19
Regards
Dave Mundt

That link goes to the general slideshow too!

ITYM the 8:58.12 image...

Larry Jaques

wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Is it the cute chick, or the fact that someone
else cleans up? (that WOULD be a tossup...although
*I* think I would go with the cleanup).

Your age is showing, Dave. sigh

The cute chick has a lux meter hanging from her neck
and is in almost every pic. She must work there. I'd
be happy to keep her busy for you, Gramps.

There are folks with strange senses of
humor there too:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

Seein's this is the identical link you were just referred to...
Change the ?this=19 to whatever pic you liked. 516 is a good
shot of our cutie.

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations....

wrote:

Now I know why Norm spends so much time in his shop:

http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

I'd spend more time in my shop too!

Is it the cute chick, or the fact that someone
else cleans up? (that WOULD be a tossup...although
*I* think I would go with the cleanup).

Your age is showing, Dave. sigh

Haw! That might be a point, although a BIG
chunk of it is that I was just out in the shop, and
kind of shaking my head over how messed up it has
gotten. Just too many days of running in there,
doing "one quick thing" and not taking the time
to do any cleaning.

The cute chick has a lux meter hanging from her neck
and is in almost every pic. She must work there. I'd
be happy to keep her busy for you, Gramps.

Yea, I suspect she is the production assistant
and might well be the "continuity girl".

There are folks with strange senses of
humor there too:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

Seein's this is the identical link you were just referred to...
Change the ?this=19 to whatever pic you liked. 516 is a good
shot of our cutie.

Sorry about that...I took a stab at cutting and
pasting the link, and, apparently it did not take...I
think THIS time I will blame it on Windows acting up *smile*.
THIS is what I meant:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=35
I gather from observationa and some other remarks
here and there that she gets bored hanging around waiting
for something to happen, so has gotten in the habit of holding
strange things up in front of the camera to provide a "huh???"
moment for viewers.

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Big thumbs up to THIS thought too!

Regards
Dave Mundt

Noticed the guy who is wearing the shop apron. Must
be the "setup" person for the equipment. From the Pop Wood.
article, Norm has a guy who does the machine setups
and maintenance. Must be a great at this job. Not sure
if I'd want it. Too stressful, I'd think.

The white haired guy doesn't look like Morash. Any
thoughts?

MJ Wallace

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:52:00 GMT, the opaque (Dave
Mundt) clearly wrote:

Is it the cute chick, or the fact that someone
else cleans up? (that WOULD be a tossup...although
*I* think I would go with the cleanup).

Your age is showing, Dave. sigh

Haw! That might be a point, although a BIG
chunk of it is that I was just out in the shop, and
kind of shaking my head over how messed up it has
gotten. Just too many days of running in there,
doing "one quick thing" and not taking the time
to do any cleaning.

I've been doing the same thing lately. I picked up a gable mount
attic ventilation fan today and made a board for it. After turning
on the DC and tablesaur to cut it to size, then shutting it all off,
I noticed the lumps of dust down below and in the air. Yup, I had
forgotten to reattach that DC hose to Dina before firing her up
today. sigh Anyway, I'll be climbing up in my attic at 4 or 5am
tomorrow to finish the installation. I have my bag of tools and
hardware, the mounted fan/thermostat, a coil of 12/2 w/ ground romex,
and my trusty drill motor and two charged batteries. It's not much fun
since they ran the HVAC ducting up there.

The little fan installed in the roof died before I moved here and I've
taken too long to replace it. I went with the gable mount because
they're more efficient. 'Course, it was just $40 on sale today, too.

IAC, I made some sawdust today for the first time in eons.

The cute chick has a lux meter hanging from her neck
and is in almost every pic. She must work there. I'd
be happy to keep her busy for you, Gramps.

Yea, I suspect she is the production assistant
and might well be the "continuity girl".

She really lights up my continuity meter.

There are folks with strange senses of
humor there too:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=19

Seein's this is the identical link you were just referred to...
Change the ?this=19 to whatever pic you liked. 516 is a good
shot of our cutie.

Sorry about that...I took a stab at cutting and
pasting the link, and, apparently it did not take...I
think THIS time I will blame it on Windows acting up *smile*.

Wuss.

THIS is what I meant:
http://www.newyankee.com/slideshow_20050419.php?this=35

The Nahmie doll gotsk an owie? vbg

I gather from observationa and some other remarks
here and there that she gets bored hanging around waiting
for something to happen, so has gotten in the habit of holding
strange things up in front of the camera to provide a "huh???"
moment for viewers.

Ah, that is her hand, isn't it? She has to hold that up
there for a full minute to get it seen.

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Big thumbs up to THIS thought too!

It's too true, ain't it?

-