Richard

Default Router Magic Lathe

I am currently reading Router Magic by Bill Hylton and it looks like it
has some fun stuff to try out in it. What lead me to the book, however,
was the chapter on turning. Has anyone here actually build the machine
he describes? Was it worth the work? It looks like a lot of fun, but
could just turn into one of those never-ending projects that distracts
me from my other projects.

Thanks,
Richard

wildbill

I have been somewhat half-heartedly collecting components but haven't
actually put anything together yet.

Looks a lot like the Legacy mill thingy-bob.....for what that's
worth....

I too would be interested in hearing/seeing anyone else's attempt at
this jig/project

Bill W

WillR

wildbill wrote:
I have been somewhat half-heartedly collecting components but haven't
actually put anything together yet.
=20
Looks a lot like the Legacy mill thingy-bob.....for what that's
worth....
=20
I too would be interested in hearing/seeing anyone else's attempt at
this jig/project
=20
Bill W
=20

He is referring to this for those who haven't seen it. Dunno which came=20
first... Chicken or egg? And not sure which is the chicken...

http://www.legacywoodworking.com/

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
Richard

Looking at the pictures at Legacy, it does seem to be the same type of
thing. I don't know the quality, but they look pretty impressive and
well built. However, they range in price from $400 - $10,000 which for
the amount of turning I would probably do would take several lifetimes
to justify. (maybe not the $400, but definitely the $10k

The Router Magic tool is made mostly from wood and bicycle parts.
Definitely a stretch from my normal project, but does look like fun. So
far, it is on my "make it soon" list.

Thanks,
Richard

WillR

Richard wrote:
Looking at the pictures at Legacy, it does seem to be the same type of
thing. I don't know the quality, but they look pretty impressive and
well built. However, they range in price from $400 - $10,000 which for
the amount of turning I would probably do would take several lifetimes
to justify. (maybe not the $400, but definitely the $10k
=20
The Router Magic tool is made mostly from wood and bicycle parts.
Definitely a stretch from my normal project, but does look like fun. So=

far, it is on my "make it soon" list.
=20
Thanks,
Richard
=20

I have the same router book with that plan. It would be nice for fluting =

etc...