Default Weekend Gloat

Finally have a chance to share some good fortune that came my way.
Found a woodworker who was moving and selling many of his tools and
wood to lighten the load.
Picked up the following

Soft Maple for $1/BF. Down in Florida the best price I found was
$4.5/BF.
Walnut for $2/BF
And the best for last, he had some 4'x8' sheets of Birds Eye Maple
veneer plywood! Thes go for $400 a sheet new. I bought one for
$100. That is a true tresure. Going to use the birds eye and soft
maple for a bed, with Birds Eye panels.

Still happy from the buys and looking forward to putting it to use once
I get the confidence to cut the ply!

Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Finally have a chance to share some good fortune that came my way.
Found a woodworker who was moving and selling many of his tools and
wood to lighten the load.
Picked up the following

Soft Maple for $1/BF. Down in Florida the best price I found was
$4.5/BF.
Walnut for $2/BF
And the best for last, he had some 4'x8' sheets of Birds Eye Maple
veneer plywood! Thes go for $400 a sheet new. I bought one for
$100. That is a true tresure. Going to use the birds eye and soft
maple for a bed, with Birds Eye panels.

Good for you! But you normally have to pay $400 for Birds Eye Maple
plywood???? That's $12.50 per square foot. I think I can buy solid wood
Birds Eye Maple for less than that.

Phil Anderson

Leon wrote:
Good for you! But you normally have to pay $400 for Birds Eye Maple
plywood???? That's $12.50 per square foot. I think I can buy solid wood
Birds Eye Maple for less than that.

But how much to turn that into a sheet of plywood, Leon?

Phil