Dan Major

Default non-stick jig

I tried the wax paper suggested. Works OK, but some stuff still sticks to
it. Thought I would try Saran. Works good, nothing stuck. OK, not
really... I thought I would bookmatck a couple of small panels. First set
went well, undid wedging clamps after glue set up and set panel aside to
cure. Applied glue to next set and wedged in place. Came back after a
couple of hours and pulled panel out. D'OH!!! The Saran had bunched up and
gotten squeezed in the joint! The other two solutions that look like they
will work well are 1) using a new, *smooth* nylon cutting board to lay up
the bookmatch panels, and 2) using a discarded-but-not-yet-trashed heavy
poly shipping bag the cat had been playing with. It looks/feels like very
heavy visqueen. Nothing, not even epoxy or gorilla glue seems to stick (so
far!).
mac davis

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:03:54 GMT, Dan Major wrote:

I tried the wax paper suggested. Works OK, but some stuff still sticks to
it. Thought I would try Saran. Works good, nothing stuck. OK, not
really... I thought I would bookmatck a couple of small panels. First set
went well, undid wedging clamps after glue set up and set panel aside to
cure. Applied glue to next set and wedged in place. Came back after a
couple of hours and pulled panel out. D'OH!!! The Saran had bunched up and
gotten squeezed in the joint! The other two solutions that look like they
will work well are 1) using a new, *smooth* nylon cutting board to lay up
the bookmatch panels, and 2) using a discarded-but-not-yet-trashed heavy
poly shipping bag the cat had been playing with. It looks/feels like very
heavy visqueen. Nothing, not even epoxy or gorilla glue seems to stick (so
far!).

Have you tried the blue masking tape yet?

Mac
03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer
replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer
99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
Dan Major

mac davis wrote in
:

wrote:

Have you tried the blue masking tape yet?

Mac

No, but I've tried other low-tack tapes. One interesting thing I found was
that if I wrap a joint with clear plastic shipping tape, the glue that
squeezed out of the joint does not stick to the adhesive of the tape. OK,
that may be obvious to some...
Pounds on Wood

"Dan Major" wrote in message
.6...
I tried the wax paper suggested. Works OK, but some stuff still sticks to
it. Thought I would try Saran. Works good, nothing stuck. OK, not

Clear box packing tape.

--
********
Bill Pounds