montygram

Default Seeking carpenter for part-time work.

If anyone can build a simple wood attache-style case, I'd like you to
send me a price quote. As long as shipping won't be too expensive, for
example, if you live in Australia (I'm near New York City), I might
want to buy 50 or so per year. It needs to be about 16 by 24 inches
(32x24 when open) and have two hinges, a handle, and two claps of some
sort. It can be about 3 to 4 inches wide. As long as it's not made
cheaply, it will suffice. If you can't do this, but know a company
that makes such cases inexpensively, please send a message. Basically,
I need the kind of box painters keep their brushes and paint in.
Unfinished but sturdy. Go ahead and send me a price estimate and what
materials you will use.

Thanks.

Bob AZ

I saw some online somewhere. A luggage supply place comes to mind.
Bob AZ

bikerb422

Off the top of my head ( as I am at work right now ), I would use clear
pine for everything. Based on prices for wood and not knowing what kind
of handle you want, my estimate would be 115.00 ea. Plus shipping.

Let me know.

Bruce

montygram wrote:
If anyone can build a simple wood attache-style case, I'd like you to
send me a price quote. As long as shipping won't be too expensive, for
example, if you live in Australia (I'm near New York City), I might
want to buy 50 or so per year. It needs to be about 16 by 24 inches
(32x24 when open) and have two hinges, a handle, and two claps of some
sort. It can be about 3 to 4 inches wide. As long as it's not made
cheaply, it will suffice. If you can't do this, but know a company
that makes such cases inexpensively, please send a message. Basically,
I need the kind of box painters keep their brushes and paint in.
Unfinished but sturdy. Go ahead and send me a price estimate and what
materials you will use.

Thanks.

Duane Bozarth

montygram wrote:

If anyone can build a simple wood attache-style case, I'd like you to
send me a price quote. As long as shipping won't be too expensive, for
example, if you live in Australia (I'm near New York City), I might
want to buy 50 or so per year. It needs to be about 16 by 24 inches
(32x24 when open) and have two hinges, a handle, and two claps of some
sort. It can be about 3 to 4 inches wide. As long as it's not made
cheaply, it will suffice. If you can't do this, but know a company
that makes such cases inexpensively, please send a message. Basically,
I need the kind of box painters keep their brushes and paint in.
Unfinished but sturdy. Go ahead and send me a price estimate and what
materials you will use.

Thanks.

Several online catalogs have display cases for crafts--pens come to
mind. Woodworkers Supply is one, perhaps? It's not an area of personal
interest so don't know specifically, but I do know I see various ones in
multiple catalogs.
Philip Lewis

"montygram" writes:
If anyone can build a simple wood attache-style case,

[...]
It needs to be about 16 by 24 inches (32x24 when open) and have two
hinges, a handle, and two claps of some sort. It can be about 3 to 4
inches wide.

[...]
As long as it's not made cheaply, it will suffice.

A many years ago, I made a box for a prop in HMS Pinafore.
Took a 1x6 pine and made the frame... then attached lauan to either
face. Took the whole thing to a table saw and set the fence to cut it into
the top/bottom area. A couple hinges, a handle, and a clasp... instant
shop for Little butterccup.

Is this cheaply made? Depends on the task. It held together and
still exists as far as I know.

What tasks are you going to set your "briefcases" to?

While looking around on google, I saw:
http://www.cloverwood.com/

They are in zip 11219.... pretty close to you I imagine.

I didn't see anything in their stock sizes (at a brief glance) that
was large enough for you... but they also do custom work.
I don't know their quality.

--
be safe.
flip