Philip Lewis

"montygram" writes:
If anyone can build a simple wood attache-style case,

[...]
It needs to be about 16 by 24 inches (32x24 when open) and have two
hinges, a handle, and two claps of some sort. It can be about 3 to 4
inches wide.

[...]
As long as it's not made cheaply, it will suffice.

A many years ago, I made a box for a prop in HMS Pinafore.
Took a 1x6 pine and made the frame... then attached lauan to either
face. Took the whole thing to a table saw and set the fence to cut it into
the top/bottom area. A couple hinges, a handle, and a clasp... instant
shop for Little butterccup.

Is this cheaply made? Depends on the task. It held together and
still exists as far as I know.

What tasks are you going to set your "briefcases" to?

While looking around on google, I saw:
http://www.cloverwood.com/

They are in zip 11219.... pretty close to you I imagine.

I didn't see anything in their stock sizes (at a brief glance) that
was large enough for you... but they also do custom work.
I don't know their quality.

--
be safe.
flip