CNT

Default VOTE: 45-degree corners

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck
Doug Miller

In article , CNT wrote:
http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Maybe I'm missing something... but it's not at all clear to me what the
illustrations represent, or what you're asking. Please explain further.

--
Regards,

CNT

It's 3/4" thick lumber, with one cut at 45-degree on both sides. Then glued
all together. This makes a "safer" corner rather a sharp pointing edge.

I am asking which would be stronger (obvious Plan A), but was told that one
company does Plan B, so just wondering.

Chuck

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

Maybe I'm missing something... but it's not at all clear to me what
the illustrations represent, or what you're asking. Please explain
further.

Upscale

"CNT" wrote in message
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be

stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Maybe it's me, but I fail to see the relationship between those mitred
corners and raised panels.

CNT

The "un-mitred" lumber would be the raised panels. Otherwise, forget it.

Chuck

Maybe it's me, but I fail to see the relationship between those mitred
corners and raised panels.

Leon

"CNT" wrote in message
http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be
stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck

Absolutely Plan A. With "A" you end up with the false corners that hide the
actual joint. These can easily be put together with pocket hole screws if
the inside will not show.

CNT

I meant I used Plan A all along. Not Plan B...

I have been using plan B for long time.

Obvious Plan A would be "stronger", but was told that one company does
Plan B, so just wondering.

As for using raised panels, I glue the RP onto the mitred cut, then sand
it. This will leave one side "2-1/2" and other "2-3/4" looks. I know I
could adjust the stiles to compensate... should I? Maybe not.

Hmm, in case you looking at this in a different way, I am looking at the
45-degree corners for the outside, while the inside would be hidden.

Absolutely Plan A. With "A" you end up with the false corners that
hide the actual joint. These can easily be put together with pocket
hole screws if the inside will not show.

I still like using biscuits. I use pocket hole occasionally.

Chuck
Leon

"CNT" wrote in message

I still like using biscuits. I use pocket hole occasionally.

With that kind of corner and joint the biscuits are OK but the pocket holes
pull the joint up tighter and more easily. It is often hard to clamp that
type corner joint .

alexy

CNT wrote:

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck

Plan C (22.5-degree cuts on each)
Bill Davis Jr

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:11:24 -0400, alexy wrote:

CNT wrote:

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck

Plan C (22.5-degree cuts on each)

Add my vote to that to.

Bill

CNT

Plan C (22.5-degree cuts on each)

Why? I think it's OK idea, was there a reason for that? Pocket holes?

Chuck
Odinn

On 7/15/2005 12:11 AM alexy mumbled something about the following:
CNT wrote:

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck

Plan C (22.5-degree cuts on each)

Definitely, neither A nor B seem even remotely correct.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
loutent

In article , CNT
wrote:

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner45.htm

How do you do yours?
OR
How would you do it if you came across to this?

I have been using plan B for long time. Then yesterday a friend told me
that his WW'ing company does plan A all the time. I would prefer plan A
(makes the raised panels even on both sides), but plan B would be stronger?
This is about using biscuits and glue.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I never thought of anything like plan "A" until I bought
a Kreg PS jig about 2 weeks ago. It made a lot of sense
to me for my current project where the back side is
not visible (as shown in their owners booklet).

One thing is certain. It requires cutting only one angle
at something other than 90, so if you're trying to fit some
trim, you are only working with one edge.

Don't think that it's perfect for every situation, but it's
a good solution in some.

Lou