Owen Lawrence

Typical Canadian/American family.

The operative word is "typical" There are millions of them out there
who buy as opposed to a few thousands of us who like to do things from
scratch and on the cheap.

My only criticism is if that family is so clueless how can they afford
all those useless thingies?

Maybe they know something we don't?

- Owen -

George

"Owen Lawrence" wrote in message
Typical Canadian/American family.

The operative word is "typical" There are millions of them out there
who buy as opposed to a few thousands of us who like to do things from
scratch and on the cheap.

My only criticism is if that family is so clueless how can they afford
all those useless thingies?

Maybe they know something we don't?

C'mon. When's the last time you saw a male portrayed as anything _but_ a
buffoon in advertising or programming?

Here in the US the textbook publishers have a style sheet that forbids
portraying "mothers" performing the tasks the verb implies. They are also
never portrayed as nurses, but doctors, never secretaries, but executives

Then there's advertising. If you can find, among the fifty-one percent
female with one each of cultivated minorities, a white-looking male, just
remember he's gay.

Upscale

"Instigator" wrote in message
Both buy endless crap no one needs without including their spouse in the
decision.

Makes me think of some of the shows on the Home and Garden show where an
expert comes into the home to help them clean of the piles of junk, usually
mounds and mounds of toys.

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

As usual, Upsqail has missed the point of this post. Cdn Tire is out to
represent the average canadian consumer as an idiotic dolt questing for
happiness via never ending consumerism.
How else can a mega corperation keep idiots buying the low quality made in
china garbage that overflows our landfills???? Of course all this is way
over upsnails head, he is one of the idiot consumers buying chinese pet
rocks at 30% off at crappy tire.

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"Upscale" wrote in message
"Instigator" wrote in message
Both buy endless crap no one needs without including their spouse in

the
decision.

Makes me think of some of the shows on the Home and Garden show where an
expert comes into the home to help them clean of the piles of junk,

usually
mounds and mounds of toys.

PaPaPeng

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:59:04 -0400, "ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy"
wrote:

As usual, Upsqail has missed the point of this post. Cdn Tire is out to
represent the average canadian consumer as an idiotic dolt questing for
happiness via never ending consumerism.
How else can a mega corperation keep idiots buying the low quality made in
china garbage that overflows our landfills???? Of course all this is way
over upsnails head, he is one of the idiot consumers buying chinese pet
rocks at 30% off at crappy tire.

--

Aw c'mon. Don't be too hard on the consumer or the tool
manufacturers. Those CT tools are actually quite useful and in fact

The criticism about the CT ads is the ridiculous assumptions they make
to attract the consumer to buy.
Upscale

"ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy" wrote in
message
As usual, Upsqail has missed the point of this post. Cdn Tire is out to
represent the average canadian consumer as an idiotic dolt questing for
happiness via never ending consumerism.

Please, feel free to keep talking. As in the other newsgroups you infest,
people will soon see that you're ignorant about what you know, what you have
to say and how low class you really are. I'd call you trailer park trash but
that would be doing a disservice to people who live in trailer parks.

Upscale

wrote in message
Every time Canadian Tire comes up with a new piece of crap to hang on your
garage wall they ask him when he's buying it.

I have to laugh at the ad where they're out camping and they've got three
different types of battery operated pumps for inflating a mattress, soccer
ball an inflatable boat. It's not enough that they're promoting one these
things, but that they're trying to convince the consumer that the needs
three of them.

PaPaPeng

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:28:21 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

I have to laugh at the ad where they're out camping and they've got three
different types of battery operated pumps for inflating a mattress, soccer
ball an inflatable boat. It's not enough that they're promoting one these
things, but that they're trying to convince the consumer that the needs
three of them.

Well when CT sold all those inflatable garage dust collectors, and
they must leak an awful lot, something had to blow up even if its
only the cluless consumer's bank account.

Will we be seeing portable hand operated or gas operated battery
chargers anytime soon to keep all those batteries juiced up to run
those cordless thingies? Come to think of it a weedwacker engine
sized gas operated battery charger is something I'd buy.

Another mind boggling ad is where the kids at the campground refused
to come out from the SUV because they had been watching movies on
their portable DVD player for the last three hours. Why the heck
would any mom bring along such a device to go camping?

But like it or not CT's ad had us watching and laughing. That's brand
identification by any measure. Although we may never buy any of the
stuff advertised we will still think of CT first for the stuff we do
need. After all one guy stuff store is like any other and the prices
not that much different. That said I'll never be caught dead with any
of the refuelling station or wash station stuff. I'll get no end of
ribbing from the neighbors.

Upscale

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
not that much different. That said I'll never be caught dead with any
of the refuelling station or wash station stuff. I'll get no end of
ribbing from the neighbors.

Peer pressure in live operation. There isn't anything to compare to it.

George

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
I went to have a look also. To be honest, that doesn't look like too bad
an idea, I could use something like that to fill up my tractor, especially
given the crappy quality of modern gas cans, when trying to dump a 5
gallon
can into the tractor tank, the bloody thing leaks all over the place.
OTOH, a simple siphon would accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the
cost.

You use a diesel can, of course, not a gas can. Or is your tractor gas?
Using the wrong can for one kind of fuel can be really costly. Some read
the can and wonder about the "funny smell" as they fuel.

I wouldn't give anything that cheap half a chance of maintaining pumping
force more than a half-dozen times.

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:27:13 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .
I went to have a look also. To be honest, that doesn't look like too bad
an idea, I could use something like that to fill up my tractor, especially
given the crappy quality of modern gas cans, when trying to dump a 5
gallon
can into the tractor tank, the bloody thing leaks all over the place.
OTOH, a simple siphon would accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the
cost.

You use a diesel can, of course, not a gas can. Or is your tractor gas?
Using the wrong can for one kind of fuel can be really costly. Some read
the can and wonder about the "funny smell" as they fuel.

Gas tractor. 1941 or 1942 9N or 2N, can't tell because the serial number
on the block was rusted out. "New" tractor will also be gas, just got a JD
420 but it's sitting up at my folks place in Colorado.

I wouldn't give anything that cheap half a chance of maintaining pumping
force more than a half-dozen times.

Owen Lawrence

One poor bugger down the street bought one of those 'Fueling Stations'
and has been getting ridiculed by his neighbors ever since.
Every time Canadian Tire comes up with a new piece of crap to hang on
your garage wall they ask him when he's buying it.

Okay, that caught my attention and I had to google up Canadian Tire and
check it out. Took me a few tries. I assume you mean what they call the
"Flow 'n Go Filling Station"? The one with the hose coming off the gas can
that's got a little plastic trigger handle like a gas pump?

That's really really cute. I'm wondering why those things aren't showing
up
on the shelves down here. I bet they'd sell. :-)

I went to have a look also. To be honest, that doesn't look like too bad
an idea, I could use something like that to fill up my tractor, especially
given the crappy quality of modern gas cans, when trying to dump a 5
gallon
can into the tractor tank, the bloody thing leaks all over the place.
OTOH, a simple siphon would accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the
cost.

My father lives in the same town as the inventors of that product; no doubt
he has even done business with them. Practically every time we talk on the
phone he tells me how these guys invested their time and money and now have
a successful product, cranking out as many as they can. I suppose it's just
a matter of time before you see them wherever you are.

Some of those CT commercials are kind of retarded, I admit. I mean, are
you really gonna go hiking with a freakin' giant solar charged lead acid
battery strapped to your back? C'mon! But I have to say, in the last year
or two, some of the products advertised in those commercials really are
pretty cool, and they show true innovation just when I thought pretty much
everything had already been invented.

- Owen -