Wally

Default Ridgid Nailers

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally
Patriarch

Wally wrote in news:0r2kb1h3b2b2ur25k28l4r7pkapofcc1bm@
4ax.com:

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

I looked for them on three different trips to different HD stores, and
could not find them here in the SF Bay Area.

Patriarch
HMFIC-1369

I'm impressed with the Rigid Power tools I have....

"Wally" wrote in message
I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

Patriarch

Patriarch wrote in
7.136:

Wally wrote in

4ax.com:

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

I looked for them on three different trips to different HD stores, and
could not find them here in the SF Bay Area.

Patriarch

Update: Went to HD this evening for (more) ceramic tiling supplies, and
took the wife along. Passing the tool corral, she asked of there was
anything I needed to do the base, trim and crown, as well as build out
the custom closet we've planned. New project, new tool.

They had the new Ridgid nailers. We looked, and SWMBO asked the pointed
question: "Why is the Orange one any better than the Porter Cable? It's
$43 more. And all your other stuff is Porter Cable, no?"

The warranty, and a capability to set the (16 ga) finish nailer to
autofire. And a mag body. But the nailer was so 'secured' to the bench
that doing a weight comparison was impossible. They must have quite a
shrinkage problem.

We bought another PC. FN250B? Straight nose, 16 ga finish nailer.
$157 on sale.

Patriarch
www

We bought another PC. FN250B? Straight nose, 16 ga finish nailer.
$157 on sale.

Nice pickup.
Havent used the Rigid nailers as yet but the PC's have been reliable for me.
Might be time to review a ridgid nailer :-)

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Complete our tool survey, Win $200!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander
- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler
- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage
- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System
- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge
- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)

JGS

Hi Wally,
I bought the stapler. And while it has seen limited use, I am happy
with it. As the local HDs are are dumping the PC product to make way for
their own line I could have saved a fair bit of change by picking the PC
but I wanted one that would take staples with 3/8" legs. ( the real
trick is to find those staples. I now know that Senco sells them). Oh
yes, the gun is oil free.
One thing I noticed yesterday, is that when the safety is depressed
fully, the nose of the gun is still 1/16 + away from the wood. Maybe all
guns are like this. The depth of set wheel works well. JG

Wally wrote:

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

Bill Davis Jr

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:48:24 -0500, Patriarch
wrote:

Wally wrote in news:0r2kb1h3b2b2ur25k28l4r7pkapofcc1bm@
4ax.com:

I looked at the new lines of Ridgid nailers and they look great.
Anybody here has comments to share?

Wally

I looked for them on three different trips to different HD stores, and
could not find them here in the SF Bay Area.

Patriarch

Wow I went to one im my area and that was all they had. I live in the
Philadelphia area.

Bill
EvoDawg

www wrote:

We bought another PC. FN250B? Straight nose, 16 ga finish nailer.
$157 on sale.

Nice pickup.
Havent used the Rigid nailers as yet but the PC's have been reliable for

me.
Might be time to review a ridgid nailer :-)

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Complete our tool survey, Win $200!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander
- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler
- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage
- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System
- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge
- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)

I'll stick to the PC. The only other hand power tools I own are Milwaukee's.
20 power hand tools with only two different manufactures. I don't have
anything bad to say about either.
But the Rigid sure looks nice, that would last a week on my job sites. Why
cause they get used !!!!! My PC 14.4 cordless drill gets used everyday and
I haven't had a problem with it in over 2 years when it was new. It looks
like hell but keeps tork'in screws and the batteries keep chargin. Now
thats true tested and built to last. I would not trade it except for maybe
that new Milwaukee 19 volt with the new and improved batteries.

Love these guys that test tools in a perfect environment. Try asking the
guys that use them everyday and see what kind of review you get. Bet half
of what they is good would be tossed out the second story window within an
hour.

Rich

--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX

RIDGID Power Tools [email protected] Woodworking 9 May 2nd 05 02:41 AM
Delta vs Ridgid vs General International Bruce Dahms Woodworking 16 April 6th 05 01:02 AM
Ridgid ROS 2610 Modification. Robatoy Woodworking 3 January 21st 05 11:22 AM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM