Stephen Topp

Default Silver on Walnut

Hi

I need to fix a small silver plaque (approx 2"*1") to a walnut rifle
stock and I would appreciate ideas on the best way to do it. The silver
piece is flat and it is to fit a flat piece of stock. I don't want any
fixings showing and I cannot recess it into the wood.

Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:32:43 GMT, "Stephen Topp"
wrote:

I cannot recess it into the wood.

Recess it into the wood (inlay it).
It will look (and feel) terrible otherwise.

It's usual to pin them in place, rather than gluing. It's hard to stick
metal to wood, without using modern glues that are impossible to remove
cleanly afterwards (and a rifle worth putting a plaque on will need
refinishing some day).