Leon

Default Black Walnut or Puruvian Walnut?

I have a dining room table to build for a customer. 2 tone, Maple legs and
apron and a walnut top. I am accustomed to working with Black Walnut but
have never really noticed or worked with Peruvian Walnut. Is there anything
weird about Peruvian Walnut that I should watch out for? I am leaving the
choice up to the customer and basically told him that the Peruvian Walnut is
more sedate and or refined compared to the more exaggerated grain and color
of Black Walnut.

P van Rijckevorsel

Leon schreef
I have a dining room table to build for a customer. 2 tone, Maple legs

and apron and a walnut top. I am accustomed to working with Black Walnut
but have never really noticed or worked with Peruvian Walnut. Is there
anything weird about Peruvian Walnut that I should watch out for? I am
leaving the choice up to the customer and basically told him that the
Peruvian Walnut is more sedate and or refined compared to the more
exaggerated grain and color of Black Walnut.

+ + +
Sounds about right.
In the genus Juglans (walnut) there are several groups. Besides real walnut
(Juglans regia) there are also the black walnuts, of which Juglans nigra is
the best known. Peruvian walnut (likely Juglans neotropica) is a tropical
black walnut and should work rather similar. Note that it is coarser.
PvR

Leon

Thank You