nospambob

Default OT Firefox update

Again updating the program leaves it neutered, doesn't work. Can't
get to their help as any input is considered "done" per their tracking
logo. Suggestions other than IE or AOL welcomed!
Philip Hallstrom

On 2005-06-06, nospambob wrote:
Again updating the program leaves it neutered, doesn't work. Can't
get to their help as any input is considered "done" per their tracking
logo. Suggestions other than IE or AOL welcomed!

No other recommmendations, but assuming you're on windows... and being
sure to double check my pathnames since I'm not checking them...

Dig through C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Mozilla.... and find your bookmarks.html file and save that.

Then via add/remove programs, remove firefox.

Then remove C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla

Then remove C;\Programs\Mozilla Firefox

Then go get http://www.macecraft.com/regsupremepro/

and clean out your registry to remove all traces of firefox.

then download the latest and reinstall.

and obviously while this worked for me, you're milage may vary...

good luck!

-philip

John DeBoo

How about Netscape 7.2, browser & email client all in one and very
stable, plus, the hackers rarely fiddle with it. Mozilla also has a
free suite thats an all-in-one like Netscape.
John

nospambob wrote:
Again updating the program leaves it neutered, doesn't work. Can't
get to their help as any input is considered "done" per their tracking
logo. Suggestions other than IE or AOL welcomed!

Australopithecus scobis

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:18:28 -0700, nospambob wrote:

Again updating the program leaves it neutered, doesn't work. Can't
get to their help as any input is considered "done" per their tracking
logo. Suggestions other than IE or AOL welcomed!

1.0.4? Mine was a bit flaky when I upgraded a few days ago. If your old
version is still around, try uninstalling all your extensions, especially
AdBlock. Check your proxy settings. Zap your cache. Double check your
preferences. After a few burps and hiccups my upgrade is working fine. I
had to fetch new extensions to get things back to normal. Good luck.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad {dot} scientist {dot} com

nospambob

Firewall had it blocked for whatever reason/excuse. I hadn't done
anything to the firewall settings that I'm aware of. Thanks for
suggestions, just couldn't murember the simple step I went through the
previous time when the tip was listed in the Firefox FAQ.

NorthIdahoWWer

I've been using Opera for a couple months now and love it. You can have
multiple pages open within the window set up as "tabs" so you don't have a
bunch of windows across your taskbar. It also has a built in email handler,
which I don't use, but it's not bad

Will