Tom Watson

Default Got Charlie Self's New Book Today

Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.

It is a tasty little volume, chock full of interesting stuff about
wood and woodworking and such.

I'd just like to send my congratulations along to him for producing
such a fine volume for my wooddorking bookshelf.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:46:59 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson
spake:

Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.

I ordered one last week but my order would have been held up for
at least 2-3 weeks waiting for Charlie's book! Instead, I cancelled
it and got a copy of the other book I needed for $8 less from an
Amazon reseller. sigh

It is a tasty little volume, chock full of interesting stuff about
wood and woodworking and such.

I'll get a copy eventually, hopefully an autographed copy.

I'd just like to send my congratulations along to him for producing
such a fine volume for my wooddorking bookshelf.

Goodonya, Mate. (Yew, two, Charlie.)

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.

This afternoon while leafing through the latest issue of Woodwork, I
noticed Charlie's byline on an article about making one's own waxes.
Nothing like exchanging bytes with the rich and famous in the
woodworking world, no?
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
John Thomas

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.

I ordered one last week but my order would have been held up for
at least 2-3 weeks waiting for Charlie's book! Instead, I cancelled
it and got a copy of the other book I needed for $8 less from an
Amazon reseller. sigh

Mine arrived Tuesday -- from Amazon. I'd ordered it, and another book.
Got the confirmation email on May 28th - said it'd be June 14th at the
earliest! -- Shipped from DE to OR, arrived June 1. Pretty surprising
and impressive.

BTW, I, too, like the book. It's got a lot of good information in a
really accessible format. I particularly like the 'wood' section.

Good job, Charlie!

Regards,
JT
B a r r y

Tom Watson wrote:
Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.

I bought mine in a local bookstore, here in CT, this morning.

Barry

David

Can you describe the flavor, Tom?

Dave

WJ Book Rob Johnstone Woodworking 84 May 28th 05 12:51 PM
OT - FOLLOW-UP 1: Potty-mouth Charlie Self [email protected] Woodworking 19 May 6th 04 06:08 PM
"New" Krenov Book Out charlie b Woodworking 0 February 16th 04 05:01 PM
New Book John Jordan Woodturning 2 July 28th 03 04:06 PM