Scott Baldwin

Default Need Help Identifying this Tool

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

This is a hand drill that my father owns.
It was/is a Powr-Kraft item.

I have no idea if this is for wood working, but a google search on
"Powr-Kraft" seems to point this direction.

He got it from Montgomery Wards many moons ago, and is looking to buy
another one.

The red cap screws off to give access to about 8 drill bits.

Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I
can do a better online search?

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

Thanks,

SonomaProducts.com

Well, at first it looked like a Yankee Screwdriver but a closer look
shows there is no driving mechanism. I don't see the exact tool online
anywhere but I had success for similar products with google of
"telescoping screwdriver"

Dave Balderstone

In article , Scott
Baldwin wrote:

Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I
can do a better online search?

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

Yankee screwdriver.

djb

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com

Scott Baldwin

Thanks!

That will help out a bunch.

Scott

"Art" wrote in message
.. .
This is a "push" drill, sometimes called a Yankee drill. Google either

one.
I still have my dad's push drill, and use it frequently.

Scott Baldwin

Dang.... even better.

Thanks!
Scott

"doc44" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=228013

Bruce Wiseman

"Scott Baldwin" wrote in news:xptke.473
:

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

This is a hand drill that my father owns.
It was/is a Powr-Kraft item.

Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I
can do a better online search?

I can't find my Garret Wade catalog right now, but I believe they sell them
as I remember it Stanley makes a version. I used to use one a long time
ago as a phone installer, great for drilling holes for screws, Good Luck

Dave in Fairfax

Bruce Wiseman wrote:
I can't find my Garret Wade catalog right now, but I believe they sell them
as I remember it Stanley makes a version. I used to use one a long time
ago as a phone installer, great for drilling holes for screws, Good Luck

They're still pretty common. I got a couple junk ones at a $
store the other day. If you go to any antiques store you'll find
a pile of North Bros Yankee drills, probably 130A models. They're
about as common as Stanley #4s.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

bridger

In article ,
"Scott Baldwin" wrote:

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

This is a hand drill that my father owns.
It was/is a Powr-Kraft item.

I have no idea if this is for wood working, but a google search on
"Powr-Kraft" seems to point this direction.

He got it from Montgomery Wards many moons ago, and is looking to buy
another one.

The red cap screws off to give access to about 8 drill bits.

Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I
can do a better online search?

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

Thanks,

http://search.ebay.com/push-drill_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1
J&KCopeland

"bridger" wrote in message
In article ,
"Scott Baldwin" wrote:

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

This is a hand drill that my father owns.
It was/is a Powr-Kraft item.

I have no idea if this is for wood working, but a google search on
"Powr-Kraft" seems to point this direction.

He got it from Montgomery Wards many moons ago, and is looking to buy
another one.

The red cap screws off to give access to about 8 drill bits.

Works great in confned spaces. Anyone know what this is called so that I
can do a better online search?

www.scottsplace.com/drill.jpg

Wheeeoooo...

The real name is Archimedean drill. But most people would probably call it
a "push drill". (BTW, the Yankee Screwdriver is a brand name of a variation
on the drill) Their most common usage was drilling pilot holes, especially
for cabinet hardware. Every one I've ever seen takes a special kind of bit
(whose name escapes me, but regular old twist bits will not work without
modification.) They usually came with an assortment of bits in the handle.

I think Stanley still makes one,
http://www.epinions.com/Stanley_Push_Drill_Shop_Tools

James...

Australopithecus scobis

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:22:16 +0000, J&KCopeland wrote:

(whose name escapes me, but regular old twist bits will not work without
modification.)

"drill point"

--
"Keep your ass behind you"

Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
Another great tool company (Milwaukee) going down the drain Wally Woodworking 33 October 8th 04 03:15 AM
Surface finish [email protected] Metalworking 14 June 20th 04 12:04 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM