B a r r y

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

...or maybe fit two blades on one saw?

If the blades were installed in opposite directions, the motor had a
reversing switch, and the table were double sided, the user could have
two instant setups simply by reversing the blade travel direction.

Ralph Engerman's got nuttin' on me!

Barry

You wouldn't have to reverse the direction. Just feed the work from
behind.
2 Blades would mess with the turning radius though. But if you added 15
mA of non-lethal current, you could make it work.

I was thinking "direction" as up and down.

Now you've got me thinking (4) blades! Two up, two down, facing in
opposite directions.

Storage problem SOLVED!

Barry

Would it be much of a stretch to weld on a horizontal band-saw, like
those metal cutting ones? 2 blades on one of those. Now you have a
machine that can turn an entire human into freedom fries.

Hmmm... Protoplasm tenons...
Odinn

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

[...]

Soylent green

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Vic Baron

"Odinn" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

[...]

Nope - the Band SawStop would prevent it - at least it would if they could
ever release it.

Doug Miller

In article , "Vic Baron" wrote:

Nope - the Band SawStop would prevent it - at least it would if they could
ever release it.

I'm still wondering how they're going to retract the blade.

--
Regards,

B a r r y

Doug Miller wrote:

I'm still wondering how they're going to retract the blade.

Maybe it goes flying off into space like a magician's snake. They could
add a sound system with a digitally recorded "BOING" noise, so the user
will know where the blade went.

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:23:50 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

well, you can work in the shop with a bandaged nose, Andy.. harder to work with
your hands all wrapped in gauze.. *g*

8-( I've already got an ear hanging off at present. I look like Van
Gogh in his alcoholic tramp period.
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:20:11 -0700, Lee DeRaud
wrote:

"By the time your hand makes three-quarters to one full
revolution, you've dislocated your shoulder."

The trick is in how you first grab the blade - you have to pre-twist
your wrist in one direction _before_ you grab it. If you just grab uit
straight, then yes you can't get enough twist in.

Robatoy

wrote:

well, you can work in the shop with a bandaged nose, Andy.. harder to work
with
your hands all wrapped in gauze.. *g*

8-( I've already got an ear hanging off at present. I look like Van
Gogh in his alcoholic tramp period.

You weren't trying to listen in to the secret language of Piranhas were
you?
mac davis

wrote:

well, you can work in the shop with a bandaged nose, Andy.. harder to work with
your hands all wrapped in gauze.. *g*

8-( I've already got an ear hanging off at present. I look like Van
Gogh in his alcoholic tramp period.

Still better than the hands, Andy...
with both hands bandaged, you really find out who your friends are, especially
when you have to pee.. DAMKIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
CW

Individual zip-lock bags.

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know coiling the bandsaw blades is a lot more compact for storage.
But I don't want that.

I want to store mine uncoiled.

Does anybody have any clever ways of doing that other than a peg or
nail to hang them on? I want a method that prevents the blades from
touching each other.

CW

Coiling is quite easy once you learn how. The put your foot on it method
should be avoided as far as I'm concerned.

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, ok, ok, lighten up. I'll coil the stupid things. I just got my
bandsaw and coiling seems difficult, and it seems like I'd constantly
be damaging the teeth.

CW

Fine for little blades but when they're big around as you are tall, you want
to get away from them.

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message

I must add that I disagree with those who give the bands a toss to unwrap.
That is a good way to, in descending order of import, 1) get hurt 2) hurt
others 3) hurt shopdog 4) damage machinery 5) damage the band teeth.

Better
to wear heavy gloves and carefully unwrap the band.

--
********
Bill Pounds

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 22 May 2005 03:22:26 GMT, "CW" wrote:

Coiling is quite easy once you learn how. The put your foot on it method
should be avoided as far as I'm concerned.

Why ?

I put my foot on it because that's the body part furthest from my face.

Bandsaw Blade Zipper Metalworking 6 April 11th 05 05:31 PM
Scraper Plane Edge Prep B_Lerner Woodworking 10 March 25th 05 09:36 PM
New Jet 16" Bandsaw and Resaw Blade bowhunter Woodworking 1 November 10th 04 01:09 PM
Delta 14" bandsaw blade alignment madness Mike Schoonmaker Woodworking 5 December 31st 03 06:54 PM