Odinn

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

...or maybe fit two blades on one saw?

If the blades were installed in opposite directions, the motor had a
reversing switch, and the table were double sided, the user could have
two instant setups simply by reversing the blade travel direction.

Ralph Engerman's got nuttin' on me!

Barry

You wouldn't have to reverse the direction. Just feed the work from
behind.
2 Blades would mess with the turning radius though. But if you added 15
mA of non-lethal current, you could make it work.

I was thinking "direction" as up and down.

Now you've got me thinking (4) blades! Two up, two down, facing in
opposite directions.

Storage problem SOLVED!

Barry

Would it be much of a stretch to weld on a horizontal band-saw, like
those metal cutting ones? 2 blades on one of those. Now you have a
machine that can turn an entire human into freedom fries.

Soylent green

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net