Upscale

Default Senco or Porter Cable

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Subject: Buying a Brad Nailer
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

BillyBob

"Upscale" wrote in message
I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Senco is superb.

Bob

Woodcrafter

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Both would do the job for you. I have a Senco finish nailer that is top
notch, and a PC coil and framing nailer which are also excellent tools.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Complete our tool survey, Win $200!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System
- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge
- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)
- Porter Cable FR350A Framing Nailer
- WoodHaven Biscuit Master
- EZ Smart Guide System

JGS

I have had the PC for a couple of weeks and am thinking of taking it back
because it sometimes shoots blanks. JG

Woodcrafter

I have had the PC for a couple of weeks and am thinking of taking it back
because it sometimes shoots blanks. JG

Is there any obvious problem with the nail feeding mechanism? The nails
aren't being fed constantly it would appear.
Of course, you may just have a dud model, in which case, take it back for an
exchange

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Complete our tool survey, Win $200!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System
- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge
- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)
- Porter Cable FR350A Framing Nailer
- WoodHaven Biscuit Master
- EZ Smart Guide System

Woodchuck34

For what its worth, wood magazine just did a review of these finish
nailer in the last issue and the PC got the top nod. I have the PC and
have been very happy with it. I was surprised by the review, because
it said you could run it on its lowest PSI rating (90) and still drive
the nails. This supposedly prolongs the life of the tool. The reason
I was surprised was becasue I've never run mine above 80 PSI.

Good tool

Chuck

Olebiker

I have been using a $25 one from Harbor Freight. It works just fine.

Dick Durbin

skeezics

On Mon, 9 May 2005 00:56:27 -0400, "Upscale"

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

I have both. They both work well BUT on brazilian cherry or similarly
hard wood the p c doesn't set the nails. the senco does. running 90
psi and using 1 1/4" nails in each. YMMV..

skeez
jo4hn

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

I don't think you will go far wrong with either brand. I own PC 18g
brad and 16g finish nailers. I have used Senco framers. I also own
Harbor Fright 18g brad and narrow crown staplers. Well worth the money
for occasional use. (Don't ask why I have two brad nailers.)
mahalo,
jo4hn
BillyBob

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

I have both. They both work well BUT on brazilian cherry or similarly
hard wood the p c doesn't set the nails. the senco does. running 90
psi and using 1 1/4" nails in each. YMMV..

skeez

Have you adjusted the PC for depth? It does need to be set depending on the
wood you are using it with.

BillyB

BillyBob

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me

the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the

years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use

one.

I have both. They both work well BUT on brazilian cherry or similarly
hard wood the p c doesn't set the nails. the senco does. running 90
psi and using 1 1/4" nails in each. YMMV..

skeez

Have you adjusted the PC for depth? It does need to be set depending on

the
wood you are using it with.

BillyB

Correction - My 250 Finish nailer has to be set....

BillyB

BillyBob

"Woodchuck34" wrote in message
oups.com...
For what its worth, wood magazine just did a review of these finish
nailer in the last issue and the PC got the top nod. I have the PC and
have been very happy with it. I was surprised by the review, because
it said you could run it on its lowest PSI rating (90) and still drive
the nails.

I don't think their brad nailers are as good as their finish nailers. The
OP asked about brad nailer. I seem to recall threads about misfires with PC
brad nailers in the past.

Bob

skeezics

On Mon, 09 May 2005 18:03:49 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

.. .

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

I have both. They both work well BUT on brazilian cherry or similarly
hard wood the p c doesn't set the nails. the senco does. running 90
psi and using 1 1/4" nails in each. YMMV..

skeez

Have you adjusted the PC for depth? It does need to be set depending on the
wood you are using it with.

BillyB

yep. it just doesn't have the guts of a senco.

skeez
skeezics

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

[...]

yeh ya got here!!! i fogot the thread temporarily... lol.. i have 2
different finish nailers with adjustable depth. the brad gun does not.

skeez
skeezics

From: "Bill Davis Jr"
Date: May 8, 2005 20:09

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

I have the Porter Cable FN250. I chose it for the nail gun to give me the
most choices of length for a single gun. Never had a problem in the years
I've had it. Can't comment on Senco, never had an opportunity to use one.

I don't think you will go far wrong with either brand. I own PC 18g
brad and 16g finish nailers. I have used Senco framers. I also own
Harbor Fright 18g brad and narrow crown staplers. Well worth the money
for occasional use. (Don't ask why I have two brad nailers.)
mahalo,
jo4hn

i wont ask! i got 5 brad nailers. its great for using diferent length
nails so long as you can remember which one has what!!! dont ask why!
lol

skeez

Bill Davis Jr

Thanks for the replys all.

Bill

Porter Cable Bammer Cordless Nailer - BEWARE David Rhoades Woodworking 7 June 7th 21 08:17 PM
Porter Cable 7518 Router- Brand New - Just Died Scott Willett Woodworking 9 February 27th 05 05:04 PM
Porter Cable Mike Reed Woodworking 3 January 25th 05 07:03 PM
slightly OT NTL/Telewest cable descrambler ntldescrambler UK diy 10 August 26th 04 03:25 PM
Hot Collet on Porter Cable 7518 DonkeyHody Woodworking 8 May 10th 04 12:50 AM