Junior Member

Default 12" vs. 10" slide

I have a large project coming up (100'X30' building) that will have a lot of 2x6's and 2x8's to be cut. I'm going to be getting a new miter saw, as the old cheepo 10" doesn't cut deep enough into the table to cut a 2x6 without a bit of lift at the end of the cut. I'm looking at the 12" dewalt (maby the duel bevel) as my budget will be only about the $500can range. Would I be better off getting a 10" slide? Is the factory blade good, or is it something to upgrade as soon as possible?
Woodchuck34

The factory blade on the DeWalt is fine for construction lumber/needs.
I bought a better blade for furniture/cabinet work, but you won't have
a problem for framing.

Chuck

Wes Stewart

On Fri, 6 May 2005 08:55:40 +0100, wesf66
wrote:

I have a large project coming up (100'X30' building) that will have a
lot of 2x6's and 2x8's to be cut. I'm going to be getting a new miter
saw, as the old cheepo 10" doesn't cut deep enough into the table to
cut a 2x6 without a bit of lift at the end of the cut. I'm looking at
the 12" dewalt (maby the duel bevel) as my budget will be only about
the $500can range. Would I be better off getting a 10" slide? Is the
factory blade good, or is it something to upgrade as soon as possible?

I have a 12" Dewalt. I built a major addition on my house then loaned
it to my neighbor who doubled size of his house and I continue to cut
everything from kindling to ABS pipe. Blade's never been off the saw.

(Well, maybe my neighbor took it off to clean it. He always brings my
tools back looking like they came out of the box. Wish he'd borrow
more tools.)

Slide table Emil Johnsen Metalworking 4 February 17th 05 12:57 PM
Dictation Slide design questions Bob Woodworking 2 December 4th 04 04:35 PM
Looking for S.B. Cross Slide Gear John J. Malcolm Metalworking 3 January 14th 04 02:30 AM
Question regarding huge linear slide assembly - possibly for sale? [email protected] Metalworking 4 November 26th 03 06:11 AM
Lorch Junior lathe slide rest info? Hans van Dongen Metalworking 3 November 18th 03 04:30 PM