Jim Jacobs

Default Hardwoods - Tampa Bay Area

Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods. I
live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

LRod

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:30:47 GMT, "Jim Jacobs"
wrote:

Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods. I
live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

There's supposed to be a pretty good one in Lakeland, which is only
about 45 minutes east of you (depending on I-4). I can't remember the
name, but try http://www.woodfinder.com or do a phone search.

Also, cocobolo inc (http://www.cocoboloinc.com) is in Pinellas Park.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Aaron Heck

Jim,

I'm in Tampa, too. There were a couple really good places - super prices.
But...much to my dismay, both have recently closed down.

About the best left is Rome Lumber. They have a pretty good selection of
rough lumber. Weiss Hardwoods is in Largo. Lots of nice stuff, although
they aren't the cheapest. I would love to be able to start a lumber company
for wood workers in the area.....maybe one of these days.

Aaron

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods.
I live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Aaron Heck

There's also a guy who was advertising in the paper for the longest while.
He has a sawmill up in Brooksville. It was about a 30 minutes drive up the
Suncoast Pkwy from the Citrus Park mall. He really had only florida woods
(cyprus, pine, fl. cherry, maple, etc) but everything was under a buck a
foot. Check out the "Building Supplies" section of the trib every so often.
Maybe he'll start to advertise again.

"Aaron Heck" wrote in message
. ..
Jim,

I'm in Tampa, too. There were a couple really good places - super prices.
But...much to my dismay, both have recently closed down.

About the best left is Rome Lumber. They have a pretty good selection of
rough lumber. Weiss Hardwoods is in Largo. Lots of nice stuff, although
they aren't the cheapest. I would love to be able to start a lumber
company for wood workers in the area.....maybe one of these days.

Aaron

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods.
I live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

World Traveler

Jim J -- Woodcraft in Clearwater has a small collection of hardwoods for
woodworkers.

Jim B -- What are your suggestions in Orlando? We're near Sebring and
regularly go to Orlando or Tampa for shopping and a night out -- both are
about 110 miles away. How's THAT for a PITA! -- Regards --

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
Jim - If you can make it over this way (Orlando), I can suggest a couple
places - but I know it's a PITA drive.

jim bailey

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods.

live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

LRod

On Thu, 05 May 2005 01:36:38 GMT, "Jim Bailey"
wrote:

Jim - If you can make it over this way (Orlando), I can suggest a couple
places - but I know it's a PITA drive.

Hey, Jim!

Doing any work on the '54?

I sold my DJ15, plus the table saw, and the drill press. Still have
the RAS, the lathe, and the jig saw, but at least I have some ROOM!

What places do you have over there? I've seen Amazon in Casselberry on
Woodfinders. Is that one of them? I've never been there.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

MikeG

wrote:

Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods.
live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

There's supposed to be a pretty good one in Lakeland, which is only
about 45 minutes east of you (depending on I-4). I can't remember the
name, but try http://www.woodfinder.com or do a phone search.

Also, cocobolo inc (http://www.cocoboloinc.com) is in Pinellas Park.

--
LRod

There is "Hardwood Lumber and Millwork" in Lakeland. I haven't been there
is several months (since I moved north), but they used to have a good
selection of excellent quality woods. They were not cheap however.

Good Luck,

Mike