Aaron Heck

There's also a guy who was advertising in the paper for the longest while.
He has a sawmill up in Brooksville. It was about a 30 minutes drive up the
Suncoast Pkwy from the Citrus Park mall. He really had only florida woods
(cyprus, pine, fl. cherry, maple, etc) but everything was under a buck a
foot. Check out the "Building Supplies" section of the trib every so often.
Maybe he'll start to advertise again.

"Aaron Heck" wrote in message
. ..
Jim,

I'm in Tampa, too. There were a couple really good places - super prices.
But...much to my dismay, both have recently closed down.

About the best left is Rome Lumber. They have a pretty good selection of
rough lumber. Weiss Hardwoods is in Largo. Lots of nice stuff, although
they aren't the cheapest. I would love to be able to start a lumber
company for wood workers in the area.....maybe one of these days.

Aaron

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone in the Tampa Bay area give me any good sources for hardwoods.
I live just North of Tampa but can travel anywhere in the Tampa area if
necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Jim