Default abpw web page?

Hello folks,
I usually look at http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/
to see the latest stuff posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,
but for the past couple of days I get nothing there, just
the page header and footer. Is it just me, or anyone
else having this problem?

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

I usually look at
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/
to see the latest stuff posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,
but for the past couple of days I get nothing there, just
the page header and footer. Is it just me, or anyone
else having this problem?

Well, apparently it was just me. I just killed and restarted
my web browser and all is well again. Sorry for the useless
post.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
toller

Is there a way to post to abpw with this website?
My ISP does not support the newgroup

DJ Delorie

"toller" writes:
Is there a way to post to abpw with this website?

No. All I do is put the photos up for viewing. I don't even store
the text replies there.
Mike in Arkansas

GREAT!. Thanks Delorie. I've never been able to access abpw. Great
service to us news reader impaired people. Thanks again. Mike

rmc

On Wed, 04 May 2005 17:18:20 +0000, ranck wrote:

wrote:
I usually look at
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/
to see the latest stuff posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, but
for the past couple of days I get nothing there, just the page header
and footer. Is it just me, or anyone else having this problem?

Well, apparently it was just me. I just killed and restarted my web
browser and all is well again. Sorry for the useless post.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Thats OK Bill, no problem. But you owe us all a coffee now, I'll take
mine black no sugar, thanks.

Robert Bonomi

In article , toller wrote:
Is there a way to post to abpw with this website?
My ISP does not support the newgroup

FYI, from the 'dirty tricks' department:

Find a moribund newsgroup that your ISP _does_ carry.
Then *CROSS-POST*(1) your picture to =that= group _and_ a.b.p.w.

Your ISP will accept the message, and pass it on, because it is posted to a
group that they _do_ carry.

When they do that, they do 'preserve' the "invalid" (on their system),
group(s) for that article.

Thus, when it hits the "wider" world, it makes it to a.b.p.w.

*OR* you _could_ just =ASK= your ISP to add a.b.p.w to the list of newsgroups
they do carry.

(1) "Cross-post" -- to send _one_ copy of an article, with multiple newsgroups
listed on the "Newsgroup:" header line. Anybody reading _any_ of the
newsgroups so listed will see the article. With _most_ newsreaders, though,
once they see that particular article in _one_ newsgroup, they will *NOT*
see it in the others. Newsreader software is 'smart' about this kind of
thing.

Philip Hallstrom

On 2005-05-04, toller wrote:
Is there a way to post to abpw with this website?
My ISP does not support the newgroup

How many of you have ISP's that don't support abpw?

It wouldn't be that difficult to set up a site that allowed you to post
pictures along with grabbing what's on abpw now (like what delorie is
doing)...
DJ Delorie

Philip Hallstrom writes:
It wouldn't be that difficult to set up a site that allowed you to post
pictures

spam, porn, trolls...
Philip Hallstrom

On 2005-05-05, DJ Delorie wrote:

Philip Hallstrom writes:
It wouldn't be that difficult to set up a site that allowed you to post
pictures

spam, porn, trolls...

Requiring a login, captcha, and lettings users delete[1] posts should
stop most of that...

[1] say if more than 3 people mark it deleted it's deleted.

still if most people carry the group it's a waste of time
RonB

Opens fine for me. However, I have been seeing very few posts on abpw
during the past few days. Actually one since the 3rd.

Ron