Ray

Default WWJ Book Club

WWJ just lost a subscriber. Anyone else get a 'free' book from them
with the promise of more to come for the low price of...

Even if the books are worth reading, the fact that they signed me up
for automatic delivery is enough for me to drop them.

Gus

Ray wrote:
WWJ just lost a subscriber. Anyone else get a 'free' book from them
with the promise of more to come for the low price of...

Even if the books are worth reading, the fact that they signed me up
for automatic delivery is enough for me to drop them.

Yes, this has happened to many people.

You are under no obligation to pay for unsolicited merchandise.

Complain to WWJ if you wish, but in any case, you are well within your
rights to keep any merchandise which you did not request.

bubba

If you look at the fine print it says that they will send out the book of
the month every 4 - 6 weeks. If you want it do nothing and if you don't
want it just send back the card. So you are liable for it.

IMHO I think this sucks.

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gvxi0q.a6pntgv8t6v4N%mare*Remove*All*0f*This ...
Ray wrote:

WWJ just lost a subscriber. Anyone else get a 'free' book from them
with the promise of more to come for the low price of...

Even if the books are worth reading, the fact that they signed me up
for automatic delivery is enough for me to drop them.

I signed up from Canada and I didn't have to buy *any* more books than
the introduction offer. Apparently it's too expensive to send the book
of the month and have it sent back to them :-)

Canadians, take your chance. 4 books for very little money.

--
mare

Gus

buuba said:

If you look at the fine print it says that they will send out the book

of
the month every 4 - 6 weeks. If you want it do nothing and if you

don't
want it just send back the card. So you are liable for it.

Not unless you specifically requested to join. They can't unilaterally
sign you up. You are free to keep unrequested merchandise.

IMHO I think this sucks.

Your opinion notwithstanding, it is fairly typical "negative-option
buying".

Gus

Edwin Pawlowski

"bubba" wrote in message
If you look at the fine print it says that they will send out the book of
the month every 4 - 6 weeks. If you want it do nothing and if you don't
want it just send back the card. So you are liable for it.

IMHO I think this sucks.

Every book club and record club operates the same way. They depend on you
not sending the card back and then keeping the book or album.

Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"bubba" wrote in message
If you look at the fine print it says that they will send out the
book of the month every 4 - 6 weeks. If you want it do nothing and
if you don't want it just send back the card. So you are liable for
it.

IMHO I think this sucks.

Every book club and record club operates the same way. They depend on
you not sending the card back and then keeping the book or album.

The last several mailings specifically indicated that, since this was
unsolicited, you were under no obligation to do anything - return the book,
pay a bill, communicate your opt-out, anything.

An unintended consequence of this marketing campaign is that at least one
subscriber is letting their subscriotion lapse when it runs out. There is
more than sufficient junk mail arriving here already. The publications may
be safely ignored, IMO.

Patriarch
Clint

Mare,

Where did you sign up for this? I've been over a couple of my more recent
issues of the WWJ, and haven't found a link for the book club. I've also
been over the website and Google, with no luck. Any help appreciated, from
one Canuck to another...

Clint

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gvxr7n.f9gk496hdksaN%mare*Remove*All*0f*This ...
bubba wrote:

If you look at the fine print it says that they will send out the book of
the month every 4 - 6 weeks. If you want it do nothing and if you don't
want it just send back the card. So you are liable for it.

And I just wrote that they don't do that if you are located in Canada.
The postage (and return postage) is just too expensive.

valid.com... Ray wrote:

WWJ just lost a subscriber. Anyone else get a 'free' book from them
with the promise of more to come for the low price of...

Even if the books are worth reading, the fact that they signed me up
for automatic delivery is enough for me to drop them.

I signed up from Canada and I didn't have to buy *any* more books than
the introduction offer. Apparently it's too expensive to send the book
of the month and have it sent back to them :-)

Canadians, take your chance. 4 books for very little money.

--
mare

--
mare ()

Clint

I found that one, but that's actually linked from Popular Woodworking, not
WWJ. Thanks for the link, though. I'll check them out.

Clint

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gvyep5.15i9zw3ujzna5N%mare*Remove*All*0f*Thi ...

That would be http://www.woodworkersbookclub.com

--
mare