Mike

Default Craftsman / Ryobi Router 2hp Depth Ring Jammed

I have a Craftsman model 315.269210 I use upside down with a router
table. It has a ring to turn to adjust the depth / elevation of the
bit.

It has come to the point where it is nearly impossible to turn the
ring. I suspect sawdust has drifted down into where the housing is
threaded and jammed the ring.

I have is somewhat disassembled, having the shaft out, but I cannot get
the metal base away from the plastic housing. Is there a way to
disassemble the router the clear out the sawdust? Is there any other
way to deal with this problem?

The design seems unbelievably bad.

Thanks
Mike Thomas

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike" wrote in message
I have is somewhat disassembled, having the shaft out, but I cannot get
the metal base away from the plastic housing. Is there a way to
disassemble the router the clear out the sawdust? Is there any other
way to deal with this problem?

The design seems unbelievably bad.

Thanks
Mike Thomas

Easy enough to fix. Go to www.coastaltool.com
More specially:

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...e+11150776 12

For less than $200 they will take that router and make it work just like a
DeWalt. Or Bosch, Or , well, you get the idea.