Default Micro-adjust edge guide for Craftsman 500 router

I just "inherited" a Craftsman 500 router. I went to Sears and
purchased the edge-guide they sell for it and am astonished to find
that it has no micro-adjust of any kind (my 30-or-so year old Craftsman
edge guide had that but is incompatible!).

This model router has no holes in the base for an edge guide so the
guide must be screwed to the base of the router after the plastic
sub-base is removed.

Are there edge guides out there that would be compatible with this
router and do have some sort of micro-adjust?

Thanks for this!

PDQ

Sounds, to me, that you might be a lot happier screwing that router to a =
table.

--=20

PDQ
--
=20
wrote in message =
oups.com...
| I just "inherited" a Craftsman 500 router. I went to Sears and
| purchased the edge-guide they sell for it and am astonished to find
| that it has no micro-adjust of any kind (my 30-or-so year old =
Craftsman
| edge guide had that but is incompatible!).
|=20
| This model router has no holes in the base for an edge guide so the
| guide must be screwed to the base of the router after the plastic
| sub-base is removed.
|=20