Mike

Default Craftsman / Ryobi Router 2hp Depth Ring Jammed

I have a Craftsman model 315.269210 I use upside down with a router
table. It has a ring to turn to adjust the depth / elevation of the
bit.

It has come to the point where it is nearly impossible to turn the
ring. I suspect sawdust has drifted down into where the housing is
threaded and jammed the ring.

I have is somewhat disassembled, having the shaft out, but I cannot get
the metal base away from the plastic housing. Is there a way to
disassemble the router the clear out the sawdust? Is there any other
way to deal with this problem?

The design seems unbelievably bad.

Thanks
Mike Thomas