Grant P. Beagles

Default Router Lift

I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

George Bame

I have a Jessem table, fence and lift. I am very pleased with it. I had to
buy an adaptor to use the Jessem Mast-R-Lift with my Bosch 1617 because the
lift is designed to accept the PC 7518 with no adaptor.

George Bame
Norfolk, VA

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

joey

I have the PC7518 with a Mast-r-Lift works great no problems
Joey
"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

DJ Delorie

I have the Woodpecker's PRL (32 tpi) with the 7518's motor in it (no
adapter needed), works great.
Knotbob

I have mine in a Bench Dog table with a ProLift and it is
predrilled for the PC 7518. The ProLift is expensive but the direct
drive "Acme precision ground lead screw" is what sold me on it.
It works great and Bench Dog makes a plate to turn my PC Portable
Spindle Sander into a table top model too!
Robert Smith

Grant P. Beagles wrote:
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3

1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested

in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

BillyBob

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

I the Benchdog wins the prize of heaviest, stoutest and tough as nails. All
of the top end lifts run close to $300. If you go to Amazon and price match
against Tylertools and use the current $25 off, you can bet the benchdog for
$287 delivered.

If you want to watch your budget, get the router raizer. You still have to
buy a mounting plate for your table. Total driveout will run you around
$130-$140.

Bob

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

joey wrote:
I have the PC7518 with a Mast-r-Lift works great no problems

Ditto.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

I've very happy with my Benchdog. Got mine at www.routerbits.com

You can run it up and down with a drill and do the fine adjusting with the
provided handle.

Roy Smith

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
You can run it up and down with a drill and do the fine adjusting with the
provided handle.

One of them offers a choice of 16 or 32 pitch adjusting screws. Is there
any reason to go with the 32 pitch? Adjusting cutter height by 0.001 just
doesn't seem like something that's useful with wood.
David

Roy I bought the 16 pitch, just after it became available. I don't see
any reason to adjust the height any closer than .001 accuracy, which is
what I can do by going between the hash marks on the dial. There is no
backlash in the chain drive, so it's easy to set the height dead on.
Being an impatient type, I wouldn't want to wait 2X as long to move the
router up and down for changing bits. As it is, I have a cordless
Makita drill dedicated to the PRL.

Dave

Roy Smith wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

You can run it up and down with a drill and do the fine adjusting with the
provided handle.

One of them offers a choice of 16 or 32 pitch adjusting screws. Is there
any reason to go with the 32 pitch? Adjusting cutter height by 0.001 just
doesn't seem like something that's useful with wood.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
You can run it up and down with a drill and do the fine adjusting with
the
provided handle.

One of them offers a choice of 16 or 32 pitch adjusting screws. Is there
any reason to go with the 32 pitch? Adjusting cutter height by 0.001 just
doesn't seem like something that's useful with wood.

The Benchdog has a scale on the adjusting screw as a reference. You'd be
amazed at how precise you can be. No, you don't need a 32 pitch

http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-router...7620_26639+808

Your motor in the benchDog in this example:
http://www.patwarner.com/images/bdpwf.jpg

Phisherman

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:03:02 -0500, "Grant P. Beagles"
wrote:

I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

I have the 3.25HP PC monster but I don't have a lift(...yet). I take
the motor off the base at the end of the day, just like I drain my air
tank at the end of the day. When I looked at router lifts, they
seemed too expensive of a feature to add to my router table. Perhaps
some day I'll find a smooth car jack and use that as a lift.
Leon

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

For about the price of a lift or less you can buy a Triton router and it has
a built in lift with above the table bit changes.

Profit From Wood.com

Hey Grant,

I have the PC 7539 mounted to a Precision Router Lift ($289) from
Woodpeckers.
You can't beat it for easy setup and repeatability! Both are awesome tools!

Here's their website in case you're interested:

http://www.woodpeck.com/

Good Luck!
Ed

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...
I recently bought a Porter Cable router for my table. It is the 3 1/4
HP monster (I don't have the model number with me). I am interested in
getting a router lift for it. What do the users in rec-land have?

Grant

Posted to rec.woodworking

Precision Router Lift from Woodpeckers. I run a small production shop with
this lift and a PC 3 horse router.

After 3 years hard use one of the lift screws jammed. Woodpeckers repaired
it for free in 48 hours.

-Owen