Rick

Default Larry "C-less" Jaques -- Front and Center!

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Regards,

Rick

WillR

Rick wrote:
I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Regards,

Rick

Haven't used one of those since I was... never mind
:-)

Saved it -- looks like a nice project.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
jo4hn

Rick wrote:
I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Regards,

Rick

Ahh yes. Another weekend project...
:-)
jo4hn
Patriarch

"Rick" wrote in news:Vnf9e.79870
:

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Plans, he's got. Motivation, maybe not so much so.

Thanks for the link.

Patriarch
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:13:09 GMT, the inscrutable "Rick"
spake:

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Tanks, Reeky.

I saw the crossbar the other day while I was straightening up
in the shop. A couple more days of that and I'll be able to
see the floor again!

Save the Whales + http://www.diversify.com
Collect the whole set! + Website design and graphics

Norman D. Crow

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:13:09 GMT, the inscrutable "Rick"
spake:

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Tanks, Reeky.

Just remember, Lazza, 'twasn't me brought it up this time(although I was
tempted a few days ago).

--
Nahmie

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:08:02 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

"Rick" wrote in news:Vnf9e.79870
:

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Plans, he's got. Motivation, maybe not so much so.

I didn't need plans; one pic (after having physically used one)
was all it took. Maybe it is motivation.

All the pieces are he the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the
handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched,
etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts,
but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping
the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

Save the Whales + http://www.diversify.com
Collect the whole set! + Website design and graphics
Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:08:02 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

"Rick" wrote in news:Vnf9e.79870
:

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ez...ans/bowsaw.pdf

Now, pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Plans, he's got. Motivation, maybe not so much so.

I didn't need plans; one pic (after having physically used one)
was all it took. Maybe it is motivation.

All the pieces are he the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the
handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched,
etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts,
but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping
the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

And if it were important to you, it might have been done by now.

I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

Patriarch
no(SPAM)vasys

Patriarch wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
All the pieces are he the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the
handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched,
etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts,
but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping
the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

And if it were important to you, it might have been done by now.

I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

Patriarch

leg·end - n. 1.a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times,
especially one popularly believed to be historical.

myth - n. 1. A fictitious story, person, or thing.

;-)

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Tom Watson

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:50:59 -0400, "no(SPAM)vasys"
wrote:

Patriarch wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
All the pieces are he the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the
handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched,
etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts,
but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping
the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

And if it were important to you, it might have been done by now.

I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

Patriarch

leg·end - n. 1.a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times,
especially one popularly believed to be historical.

myth - n. 1. A fictitious story, person, or thing.

;-)

Yea, verily there was a Bowsaur - back to the Ur-Wreck and time
immemorial - there was yet a Bowsaur.

It was in the reach of the Aristotelian portion of Causality known as
"The Efficient Cause".

It was the efficient cause of C-Less being the butt of many jokes.

This is good - and as it should be.

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:15:06 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

Plans, he's got. Motivation, maybe not so much so.

I didn't need plans; one pic (after having physically used one)
was all it took. Maybe it is motivation.

All the pieces are he the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the
handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched,
etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts,
but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping
the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

And if it were important to you, it might have been done by now.

Rightio. That's why it never got finished.

I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

It has taken many long, hard hours to get it to that status. That's
why I threaten to finish it every 8 or 12 months.

(My 15 minutes of fame.

What doesn't kill you + http://diversify.com
....makes you hurt more. + Web application programming
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:50:59 -0400, the inscrutable "no(SPAM)vasys"
spake:

Patriarch wrote:
I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

leg·end - n. 1.a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times,
especially one popularly believed to be historical.

myth - n. 1. A fictitious story, person, or thing.

;-)

You entirely mythed the point, Yack. Would you like a pic of the
blades I imported all the way from D.C.? (Washington, Jeff) I'll
see if I can scare 'em up.

What doesn't kill you + http://diversify.com
....makes you hurt more. + Web application programming
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:06:28 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson
spake:

wrote:

Patriarch wrote:
I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

Patriarch

leg·end - n. 1.a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times,
especially one popularly believed to be historical.

myth - n. 1. A fictitious story, person, or thing.

;-)

Yea, verily there was a Bowsaur - back to the Ur-Wreck and time
immemorial - there was yet a Bowsaur.

It was in the reach of the Aristotelian portion of Causality known as
"The Efficient Cause".

It was the efficient cause of C-Less being the butt of many jokes.

This is good - and as it should be.

Verily, Brother. Just as a certain plane monger has his Zebrawood
story and another retired cabinetmaker has his infamous Nowrecki
serial character.

"Drop the pickle, Danger!"