HMFIC@1369

Default FYI: Ordered from Grizzly! Router bits....Painless

and I'm happy, and before I could check on the order (not that it was late,
just to track. That tracking is so cool) Like Magic, it was at my door!

jo4hn

HMFIC@1369 wrote:

and I'm happy, and before I could check on the order (not that it was late,
just to track. That tracking is so cool) Like Magic, it was at my door!

Agreed. I have ordered a few router bits and a couple shaper cutters
(they have some half inch bores cheap). Always good service and a
pretty decent product.
aaaahhhhhhh,
jo4hn

jo4hn wrote:
HMFIC@1369 wrote:

and I'm happy, and before I could check on the order (not that it

was late,
just to track. That tracking is so cool) Like Magic, it was at my

door!

Agreed. I have ordered a few router bits and a couple shaper cutters

(they have some half inch bores cheap). Always good service and a
pretty decent product.
aaaahhhhhhh,
jo4hn

I had the same experience. My router bits arrived before I thought to
check on the shipment. Can't wait to chuck 'em up (or collet 'em up or
whatever...)

Tom

Rumpty

If you ordered any Griz router bits with guide bearings, be prepared to
replace them. Their guide bearings don't seem to hold up.

--

Rumpty

"HMFIC@1369" wrote in message
and I'm happy, and before I could check on the order (not that it was

late,
just to track. That tracking is so cool) Like Magic, it was at my door!

Max

"Rumpty" wrote in message
If you ordered any Griz router bits with guide bearings, be prepared to
replace them. Their guide bearings don't seem to hold up.

--

Rumpty

That's been my experience too. As to shaper cutters, I tried a panel
raiser some time ago and found that it didn't keep it's edge for long.
Fortunately, I can get them sharpened for only $5.00 (3 wing cutter)
Same type cutter from MLCS lasts almost twice as long.
YMMV

Max D.

Bill Leonhardt

"Max" wrote in message
m...

"Rumpty" wrote in message
If you ordered any Griz router bits with guide bearings, be prepared to
replace them. Their guide bearings don't seem to hold up.

--

Rumpty

That's been my experience too. As to shaper cutters, I tried a panel
raiser some time ago and found that it didn't keep it's edge for long.
Fortunately, I can get them sharpened for only $5.00 (3 wing cutter)
Same type cutter from MLCS lasts almost twice as long.
YMMV

Max D.

I have a Grizzly set of three straight bits with bearings that came in a
little wooden box with an allen wrench. So far the bearings have held up
well, but I did have the set screw on the locking collar on one bit come
loose and chew up the pattern I was following. I then grabbed the allen
wrench that came with the bits, but it was too big. In fact, the wrench
didn't fit any of the allen screws on any of the bits in the box. Don't
know why it was supplied.

Well, a quick trip to Sears Hardware and the purchase of a tiny, metric
allen wrench, and I'm back in business.

A word to the wise: check the locking screw on the collars of the piloted
bits. And, if you have a PC 890 series router, use some Loc-tite on the
screws that hold the rach gear to the motor side.

Bill Leonhardt

Max

"Bill Leonhardt" wrote in message

"Max" wrote in message
m...

"Rumpty" wrote in message
[...]

Bought a rabbeting set. Same experience.

Max D.

Question about router bits Palmer Woodworking 3 February 8th 05 12:56 PM
FS: New Jesada Router Bits & Cutters Below Cost M. Ginter Woodworking 6 October 25th 04 12:42 AM
specialized or custom router bits Grant Woodworking 25 August 3rd 04 02:20 AM
Sharpening Router Bits Martin UK diy 2 February 14th 04 06:36 AM
Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router Leon Woodworking 1 July 24th 03 03:57 PM