DIYGUY

Default Any thoughts on the DeWalt D55155 compressor?

Spring fever has me itching - to buy a new toy. Twould be my entree
into air powered tools. I am thinking of a brad nailer and a
compressor. Saw the recent posts on the nailer and have done some
homework. Now I am thinking about how to power it. I like the idea of
a small compressor - fits into my small shop. And I like the benefits
of one that uses oil. Does anyone out there have the above model and
would they care to give us the benefits of their experiences?
Howard

I have one. It was one of the quietest that had a sound rating. It is
still a compressor and is noisy but quieter than any others I've
used/heard. While it does have a handle and can be carried it still is
heavy but I do heft into the back of my jeep and take it to work sites.
It works just as it should and never has needed any service. The ball
vale drain is easy to work but it is loud when "dumping air" and works
so fast that it freezes the ground below it.

The regulator works well and I like the two connectors.

All in all, I have NO complaints and would buy again.

mp

Spring fever has me itching - to buy a new toy. Twould be my entree into
air powered tools. I am thinking of a brad nailer and a compressor. Saw
the recent posts on the nailer and have done some homework. Now I am
thinking about how to power it. I like the idea of a small compressor -
fits into my small shop. And I like the benefits of one that uses oil.
Does anyone out there have the above model and would they care to give us
the benefits of their experiences?

The only experience I have with those units is seeing a lot of them at tool
rental shops. That should give you a good idea of it's durability.

pho

Do yourself a favor and check out the new MAC700 compressor from Makita.
Make sure you hear one run. Quietest compressor to come along in a
while. The new 2 HP unit is nice too. The dewalt( black & decker) unit
is just a cheapened up emglo unit....