Stan Namdiel

Default HVLP paint spayers

Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like to keep a
budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are $6-800 but that's a bit
hard to swallow or justify. What experience is there out there and what
models preform well enoough to make it worth while.

DanG

Are you looking for a dedicated HVLP set up with gun and air
supply?

Do you own a compressor?

Do you hope to spray latex paint?

I have used a dedicated system a few times. I found the one I
used heavy and awkward. It is an older model
American Turbine. The reduced overspray made it the gun of
choice, but did establish a lust to own one.

Because I have a compressor, I bought an HVLP conversion gun. I
have not used a good one (Sata, etc). Mine is a Chaiwanese
wonder. The handle says Astro. I have been pleased with the
results. I still own a
Binks conventional cup gun, but have not used it since the Astro
(the overspray is tremendous by comparison). I also own a Graco
airless, but that is for a different type work.

It is surprising how often I use a brush or a can of spray paint
rather than having to clean a spray gun.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Stan Namdiel" wrote in message
Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like
to keep a budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are
$6-800 but that's a bit hard to swallow or justify. What
experience is there out there and what models preform well
enoough to make it worth while.

Robatoy

In article ,
"Stan Namdiel" wrote:

Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like to keep a
budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are $6-800 but that's a bit
hard to swallow or justify. What experience is there out there and what
models preform well enoough to make it worth while.

I'm hearing some good things about the new minijet4 HVLP from Sata

http://www.sata.com/Produkte/produkt.jsp?index=01-51

http://everhartsales.com/product_inf...ducts_id=22302

Price seems reasonable for that kind of quality.
It might very well be my next gun. With the adaptor, changing it from
gravity fed to pressure pot-feed, you can spray upside down and sideways.

Btw.. I think 6-800 dollars is stupid-money for a spray-gun...even a
full-time professional one.
Old Nick

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:17:58 -0500, "DanG" wrote
something
.......and in reply I say!:

That is also my experience. Something to take into account.

It is surprising how often I use a brush or a can of spray paint
rather than having to clean a spray gun.

************************************************** ****************************************
WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Stan Namdiel

I have a small compressor that will not handle the requirements of most HVLP
guns. So, I'd probably end up with a new compressor large enough or a
turbine driven HVLP system No latex, mostly fine wood finish like stains
and varnishes or lacquers.

cm

Go with this $467.00 unit. A buddy of mine uses one in his production shop.

AZCRAIG

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com
Repair - Refresh - Restore

"Stan Namdiel" wrote in message
Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like to keep a
budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are $6-800 but that's a bit
hard to swallow or justify. What experience is there out there and what
models preform well enoough to make it worth while.

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Camp Painting help Needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 14 February 19th 05 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight Electric HVLP kit Scott Fuhrman Woodworking 5 October 2nd 04 04:47 AM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM