DanG

Are you looking for a dedicated HVLP set up with gun and air
supply?

Do you own a compressor?

Do you hope to spray latex paint?

I have used a dedicated system a few times. I found the one I
used heavy and awkward. It is an older model
American Turbine. The reduced overspray made it the gun of
choice, but did establish a lust to own one.

Because I have a compressor, I bought an HVLP conversion gun. I
have not used a good one (Sata, etc). Mine is a Chaiwanese
wonder. The handle says Astro. I have been pleased with the
results. I still own a
Binks conventional cup gun, but have not used it since the Astro
(the overspray is tremendous by comparison). I also own a Graco
airless, but that is for a different type work.

It is surprising how often I use a brush or a can of spray paint
rather than having to clean a spray gun.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Stan Namdiel" wrote in message
Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like
to keep a budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are
$6-800 but that's a bit hard to swallow or justify. What
experience is there out there and what models preform well
enoough to make it worth while.