doc44

Default Basic Lathe Instruction link

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15460...-h/15460-h.htm

Patriarch

"doc44" wrote in news:Fgm4e.1846$yL2.948
@fe08.lga:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15460...-h/15460-h.htm

This is a good resource. What prompted you to post the link?

Patriarch

Patriarch

"doc44" wrote in news:bDE4e.6203$eG3.4330
@fe03.lga:

I'm trying to learn how to use the lathe.

So am I. And I'm finding that human and video instruction suits my
learning style with the lathe, more so than prose and picture. YMMV. But
the written word, as well as the historic perspective, is still
fascinating.

Turn safely.

Patriarch
Rick Cox

I am trying to learn also,
I signed up for a class at a local woodworking shop and really enjoyed it.
We turned some bowls and small boxes and got instruction on tool sharpening.
I was able to feel comfortable to go to the woodpile and pick a log and turn
a bowl with some 10 year old spiney locust.

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"doc44" wrote in news:bDE4e.6203$eG3.4330
@fe03.lga:

I'm trying to learn how to use the lathe.

So am I. And I'm finding that human and video instruction suits my
learning style with the lathe, more so than prose and picture. YMMV. But
the written word, as well as the historic perspective, is still
fascinating.

Turn safely.

Patriarch

Dave Balderstone

In article et, Rick
Cox wrote:

I signed up for a class at a local woodworking shop and really enjoyed it.

I did that a couple of years ago, and it was a real boon to my
understanding of the lathe and how to use the tools.

I'm planning to do it again soon.

lathe - metal or wood? Rich Andrews Woodworking 8 March 29th 21 08:43 PM
Lathe moved Paul Metalworking 10 March 12th 04 01:42 PM
Link Belts George G Metalworking 6 January 12th 04 03:43 PM
Harbor Freight Lathe rdspivey Woodturning 23 December 23rd 03 08:07 AM
My $20 lathe (well, sort of...) Patrick H. Corrigan Woodworking 4 August 29th 03 02:29 AM