Rick Cox

I am trying to learn also,
I signed up for a class at a local woodworking shop and really enjoyed it.
We turned some bowls and small boxes and got instruction on tool sharpening.
I was able to feel comfortable to go to the woodpile and pick a log and turn
a bowl with some 10 year old spiney locust.

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"doc44" wrote in news:bDE4e.6203$eG3.4330
@fe03.lga:

I'm trying to learn how to use the lathe.

So am I. And I'm finding that human and video instruction suits my
learning style with the lathe, more so than prose and picture. YMMV. But
the written word, as well as the historic perspective, is still
fascinating.

Turn safely.

Patriarch