Pat

Default staple gun advice

Can someone here help me operate a staple gun? I just bought my first one,
I've read and re-read the directions and still can't get the staples to go
flush to the wood.

The one I bought is the Arrow ET2025HD combo staple / nail gun. It's made
to staple over wire, and I removed the small metal guide in the front so
that it should shoot the staples flush to the wood like the instructions
said, but they're still sticking up about 1/8 inch, not much different from
before I removed the guide. I'm using Arrow T20 3/8 inch staples, and
the wood is pine. I'm stapling screen to the wood. The instructions also
say to twist the top, and it has a plus and minus, but it doesn't say what
this does, and which way does what.

I hate it when a simple tool like this can make me feel stupid, and I don't
want it to win.

What else should I be doing to make the staples lay flat against the wood?

Thanks!
Pat

Bob

Take it back for a refund. It is junk!

I bought one also and hate it. It simply does not have enough power to drive
a staple. I use my spring loaded staple gun with much better results.

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pat" wrote in message

The one I bought is the Arrow ET2025HD combo staple / nail gun. It's
made
to staple over wire, and I removed the small metal guide in the front so
that it should shoot the staples flush to the wood like the instructions
said, but they're still sticking up about 1/8 inch, not much different

from
before I removed the guide. I'm using Arrow T20 3/8 inch staples, and
the wood is pine. I'm stapling screen to the wood. The instructions
also
say to twist the top, and it has a plus and minus, but it doesn't say
what
this does, and which way does what.

It may be the same one I bought years ago. It just does not work well at
all. I was able to drive 1/2" brads fairly well, but for staples, it just
does not have the power. Invest in a small compressor and an air gun.

Pat

Yes, that's the advice I'm getting from everyone else, too. Guess I'll head
back to the store. Darn.

Thank you so much!

Pat

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

Tim Douglass

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:31:40 GMT, "Pat" wrote:

[...]

Smack them with a hammer?

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Roger

Pat wrote:
Can someone here help me operate a staple gun? I just bought my first one,
I've read and re-read the directions and still can't get the staples to go
flush to the wood.

I usually shoot the first couple right through whatever I'm working on
before I remember to crank the air pressure way back, but I see this is
an electric model. I've got three different electric staplers on my
shelf in the basement and none of them work for beans. I now use a Senco
pneumatic fine wire stapler and it works like a champ.

Roger
Malcolm Webb

I have a "Rapide" staple gun similar to the Arrow T20. I use 12mm staples
and it fires them fully into softwoods, ply etc. Mine has a +/- lever on
it. When set to - it leaves the staples proud, but when set to + it fires
them in flush.

Malcolm Webb

Stephen Bigelow

In article ,
Pat wrote:
Can someone here help me operate a staple gun? I just bought my first one,
I've read and re-read the directions and still can't get the staples to go
flush to the wood.

Mine used to have that problem (slightly different model). I was
installing insulation and accidently dropped it off the ladder. It
broke the low/high setting switch on the stapler.

I took the stapler apart, completely removed the low/high setting
selector, and since then I've never had a problem with the staples not
going all the way in, even with 9/16 staples into older studs.

The way the low/high selector switch worked is that it limited the
travel of the driving rod. With very limited travel (low setting), the
rod acceleration was limited. At even the high setting, the travel was
still somewhat limited. By removing the switch altogether, I added an
additional 1/4" of travel. This was enough to allow the stapler to
perform properly.

Hope this helps someone that now can't return their (piece o' crap)
electric stapler.

Regards,

-Steve
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com