Stephen Bigelow

In article ,
Pat wrote:
Can someone here help me operate a staple gun? I just bought my first one,
I've read and re-read the directions and still can't get the staples to go
flush to the wood.

Mine used to have that problem (slightly different model). I was
installing insulation and accidently dropped it off the ladder. It
broke the low/high setting switch on the stapler.

I took the stapler apart, completely removed the low/high setting
selector, and since then I've never had a problem with the staples not
going all the way in, even with 9/16 staples into older studs.

The way the low/high selector switch worked is that it limited the
travel of the driving rod. With very limited travel (low setting), the
rod acceleration was limited. At even the high setting, the travel was
still somewhat limited. By removing the switch altogether, I added an
additional 1/4" of travel. This was enough to allow the stapler to
perform properly.

Hope this helps someone that now can't return their (piece o' crap)
electric stapler.

Regards,

-Steve
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com