Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charley

Default WOW - Got a Leigh FMT for my birthday! (Gloat)

I got what I think is my ultimate birthday present from my wife this year, a
Leigh FMT mortice and tenon jig.

I can't believe how perfectly this thing makes mortice and tenons. It sure
beats the old barbaric methods of doing them with the drill press / mortice
attachment and tenon jig on the table saw. The manual is incredibly easy to
follow and the jig is really built to last with incredible precision. I cut
a perfect match the first time that I tried it.

I've wanted one of these ever since the first time that I saw the Leigh
salesman demonstrate it, but couldn't convince myself that I could afford
it. I've ground my teeth every year that I've gone to the wood shows and
watched their demonstration, just wishing that I could find a way to justify
buying one.

Life is good and my wife of 41 years is still the greatest!

--
Charley