Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Mulberry second try

Bowl roughed out.
--
 GW Ross

 It worked! Now if only I could
 remember what I did! The Doctor

Attached Thumbnails
Mulberry second try-368-mulberry-bowl-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 06/19/2013 03:34 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Bowl roughed out.

I think I agree on it being Mulberry. Or at least not Bois
d'arc which is a bright orange when fresh.

In six months post the finished bowl - it will be interesting to see how
looks dried and with a nice finish on it...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:34:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?

Yes it was more yellow, just my photography. Maybe I'll try a shot of
some out in the sunlight. Maybe the film was old (no excuse any more).

--
 GW Ross

 It worked! Now if only I could
 remember what I did! The Doctor

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:34:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Man, that looks like a real old mulberry tree.

Junior Member

looks simple enough! Still doubt that I could pull it off though
Junior Member

Location: USA

Yup looks simple but i must say that unique of its kind.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

SteveJ wrote:

Yup looks simple but i must say that unique of its kind.

My experience is that it cracks around and radiates out from the plith. It
was okay to turn, but there are a lot better woods (like yellow pine). I
like the denser hardwoods with good grain and a color that "looks" natural.
That pale yellow of mulberry just does not appeal to me.

Deb
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?

Yes it was more yellow, just my photography. Maybe I'll try a shot of
some out in the sunlight. Maybe the film was old (no excuse any more).

--
 GW Ross

 It worked! Now if only I could
 remember what I did! The Doctor

Film? are you kidding? WW

mulberry RIP AND Books Home Repair 0 June 15th 06 08:55 AM
mulberry mike Woodturning 0 July 29th 05 05:24 PM
mulberry brock b. Woodturning 21 February 27th 05 06:43 AM
Mulberry Joe and Daphne Bazer Woodturning 8 October 17th 03 07:31 AM
Mulberry stump Ali T. Borahan Woodturning 2 October 11th 03 01:43 AM