DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mulberry second try (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/359110-mulberry-second-try.html)

G. Ross June 19th 13 12:34 PM

Mulberry second try

1 Attachment(s)
Bowl roughed out.
--
 GW Ross

 It worked! Now if only I could
 remember what I did! The Doctor

Kevin Miller[_2_] June 19th 13 05:36 PM

Mulberry second try

On 06/19/2013 03:34 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Bowl roughed out.

I think I agree on it being Mulberry. Or at least not Bois
d'arc which is a bright orange when fresh.

In six months post the finished bowl - it will be interesting to see how
looks dried and with a nice finish on it...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Mac Davis June 19th 13 06:18 PM

Mulberry second try

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:34:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?

G. Ross June 19th 13 06:32 PM

Mulberry second try

wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?

Yes it was more yellow, just my photography. Maybe I'll try a shot of
some out in the sunlight. Maybe the film was old (no excuse any more).

tommyboy June 19th 13 08:21 PM

Mulberry second try

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:34:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Man, that looks like a real old mulberry tree.

Finch July 15th 13 02:10 PM

looks simple enough! Still doubt that I could pull it off though :D

SteveJ August 8th 13 07:00 AM

Yup looks simple but i must say that unique of its kind.

Dr. Deb[_2_] August 8th 13 06:58 PM

Mulberry second try

SteveJ wrote:

Yup looks simple but i must say that unique of its kind.

My experience is that it cracks around and radiates out from the plith. It
was okay to turn, but there are a lot better woods (like yellow pine). I
like the denser hardwoods with good grain and a color that "looks" natural.
That pale yellow of mulberry just does not appeal to me.

Deb

WW[_2_] August 19th 13 11:58 PM

Mulberry second try

wrote:

Bowl roughed out.

Doesn't look like any yellow highlights, but maybe that's just the
picture?

Yes it was more yellow, just my photography. Maybe I'll try a shot of
some out in the sunlight. Maybe the film was old (no excuse any more).

--
 GW Ross

 It worked! Now if only I could
 remember what I did! The Doctor