Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Ginko turning

Someone inquired of WREC if anyone had turned Ginko. I got a little
experience with a piece this summer, and am posting some pix.

Fairly soft, little grain, prone to end-grain tear-out. Of course, I'm
not terribly experienced at turning...

Attached Thumbnails
Ginko turning-ginko2-jpg  Ginko turning-ginko1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice, but I thought you were turning that little lizard from the insurance
commercials.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 2010-09-03 18:49:32 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz" said:

Nice, but I thought you were turning that little lizard from the
insurance commercials.

You say ginko, I say Gekko...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Someone inquired of WREC if anyone had turned Ginko. I got a little
experience with a piece this summer, and am posting some pix.

Fairly soft, little grain, prone to end-grain tear-out. Of course, I'm
not terribly experienced at turning...
Steve

I thought this turned Ginko was very cool. Loved the color. Problem
was I couldn't find anyone locally who had any. This month our carving
club had their yearly show and, lo-and-behold, one of our wood vendors
happen to have one piece. I would have missed it if I had not bent
down to look in the scrap box on the floor. I snatched up the block
(6x6x10) for $3. Now I just have to decide if I am going to turn it or
carve it and, if carve, what to carve! I'll post pics when I get to
the end of this project. Thanks for exposing me to Ginko!
`Casper

Ginko Wood John Gbur Woodturning 4 September 5th 10 03:35 AM
New DVD on pen-turning Paul Loseby Woodturning 2 December 19th 06 06:30 PM
Turning 'Til There's No There There charlie b Woodturning 7 September 26th 06 04:32 PM
New to turning John \(NC\) Woodturning 2 January 16th 06 02:01 PM
cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning ( MSI motherboard) computer Electronics Repair 3 December 23rd 05 10:38 PM