Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Ginko turning

Someone inquired of WREC if anyone had turned Ginko. I got a little
experience with a piece this summer, and am posting some pix.

Fairly soft, little grain, prone to end-grain tear-out. Of course, I'm
not terribly experienced at turning...
Steve

I thought this turned Ginko was very cool. Loved the color. Problem
was I couldn't find anyone locally who had any. This month our carving
club had their yearly show and, lo-and-behold, one of our wood vendors
happen to have one piece. I would have missed it if I had not bent
down to look in the scrap box on the floor. I snatched up the block
(6x6x10) for $3. Now I just have to decide if I am going to turn it or
carve it and, if carve, what to carve! I'll post pics when I get to
the end of this project. Thanks for exposing me to Ginko!
`Casper