DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ginko turning (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/309333-ginko-turning.html)

Steve[_52_] September 3rd 10 04:27 AM

Ginko turning

2 Attachment(s)
Someone inquired of WREC if anyone had turned Ginko. I got a little
experience with a piece this summer, and am posting some pix.

Fairly soft, little grain, prone to end-grain tear-out. Of course, I'm
not terribly experienced at turning...

Buddy Matlosz September 3rd 10 11:49 PM

Ginko turning

Nice, but I thought you were turning that little lizard from the insurance
commercials.

B.

Steve[_52_] September 4th 10 02:56 AM

Ginko turning

On 2010-09-03 18:49:32 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz" said:

Nice, but I thought you were turning that little lizard from the
insurance commercials.

You say ginko, I say Gekko...

Casper October 29th 10 02:39 PM

Ginko turning

Someone inquired of WREC if anyone had turned Ginko. I got a little
experience with a piece this summer, and am posting some pix.

Fairly soft, little grain, prone to end-grain tear-out. Of course, I'm
not terribly experienced at turning...
Steve

I thought this turned Ginko was very cool. Loved the color. Problem
was I couldn't find anyone locally who had any. This month our carving
club had their yearly show and, lo-and-behold, one of our wood vendors
happen to have one piece. I would have missed it if I had not bent
down to look in the scrap box on the floor. I snatched up the block
(6x6x10) for $3. Now I just have to decide if I am going to turn it or
carve it and, if carve, what to carve! I'll post pics when I get to
the end of this project. Thanks for exposing me to Ginko!
`Casper