Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cordless Drill

Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

bumhead wrote:
Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)

We use 18 volt DeWalt at work, it works better than my B & D Firestorm
at home. I do like the removable chuck on my B & D Firestorm though.

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

Registered Linux User: #317401
Linux since June 2003
Ubuntu User #26423

(cut the spam to reply)

VOTE TO REBUILD!
www.twintowersalliance.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This is a binary group that is intended to be used for posting
pictures relating to woodworking, hence the name. You will get better
results with answers to questions like this if you posted to a text
group such as rec.woodworking.

G.S.

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:17:00 -0500, bumhead
wrote:

Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

MAKITA
19v Combo: rotary drill /drill/2 batteries........
Best in the West.....
jloomis
"bumhead" wrote in message
Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote in message
Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)

Lithium Ion in what ever brand you get.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

bumhead wrote:
Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

Attached Thumbnails
Cordless Drill-drill-5-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Gordon Shumway wrote:
This is a binary group that is intended to be used for posting
pictures relating to woodworking, hence the name. You will get better
results with answers to questions like this if you posted to a text
group such as rec.woodworking.

Along with three dozen posts saying to read the FAQ, which may or may
not be found and which dates from 2002. g

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:33:43 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"bumhead" wrote in message
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

Panasonic

I have to second this. I bought a 12v Panasonic for my wife's use a couple of years ago (5' 1" and
weight to match). She doesn't like the 18v due to weight. I like her Panasonic better than my 18v
Dewalt. Feels much more solidly constructed. Terrific battery.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy an 18V version for myself, Lithium of course. Heck, my sweetie
could probably handle an 18V lithium system. I bought the Dewalt about a year ago to replace an
18V Firestorm. The Dewalt far outclasses the B&D.

Regards,

Roy
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Roy" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:33:43 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

I have to second this. I bought a 12v Panasonic for my wife's use a
couple of years ago (5' 1" and
weight to match). She doesn't like the 18v due to weight. I like her
Panasonic better than my 18v
Dewalt. Feels much more solidly constructed. Terrific battery.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy an 18V version for myself, Lithium of
course. Heck, my sweetie
could probably handle an 18V lithium system. I bought the Dewalt about a
year ago to replace an
18V Firestorm. The Dewalt far outclasses the B&D.

Regards,

Roy

Don't worry, you "will:"have the opportunity to do it over again, these
things don't last for ever. My first cordless was a Panasonic, 17 years
ago, then 2 DeWalts, and now a Makita. The Panasonic batteries back in the
mid 90's were $90 each For the 9.6 volt, for about $30 more I got the new
DeWalt drill and 2 batteries. Panasonic seem to be much more reasonably
priced these days.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:17:00 -0500, bumhead wrote:

Plan to buy a few things this week-end to start replacing items lost
in fire. Already have a lawn mower, and will get a small garden
tiller. Have a few tools on loan from friends and some just given to
me.
Want to buy a good quality cordless drill for use in the home and
in my shop(when and if I rebuild). Was thinking of a 19v set with
several attachments.
Black and Decker outlet nearby, but I think the quality of B&D is
not what it used to be. Lowes and Home Depot also nearby.

Suggestions or reccomendations please.

George (aka Bumhead)

Well, this will get flamed, but I've been very happy with my 19v sets from
Craftsman..
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1588000P?mv=rr

I notice that the price has gone up, but I guess that's natural, since mine are
5 or 6 years old now..
Notice that it includes 2 batteries and charger, options on some tools lately..

Not sure who makes them/what brand, but I've had a drill/driver and work light
set for years and like them a lot..
I've added a 2nd drill and multi-volt charger from Ebay and am happy with all of
the above..
Caution: When driving large lag bolts, USE THE CLUTCH, this sucker has lots of
torque.
The first time I used it to drive 3/8" lags into a fence, I got lucky and broke
the bolt instead of my friggin' wrist..
I now check the clutch setting when I pick it up..

I'm NOT a heavy user, so I can't say how many screws per charge, etc..
Being a turner, I find it really handy to have 2 drill/drivers, on set to "high"
for drills, the other set to "low" and with a driver holder in it..
Really nice to have them side-by-side on the shelf and just pick one up and go..
(they rarely leave the work bench area, so I can't say how portable, etc. they
are..)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:28:25 -0500, "Leon" wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message
news
[...]

Well, I do certainly hope to live that long! Perhaps I will yet wear out more than a couple of good
drills before my time comes. Lord knows I certainly have enough projects I'd like to build to live
another hundred years or so!

Regards,
Roy

Warranty on Makita cordless drill / Starter drill kits emsee UK diy 18 August 14th 06 07:03 PM
Looking for a good cordless drill charger with drill wildbill Woodworking 12 July 13th 05 01:58 PM
cordless sds drill Doctor Evil UK diy 27 April 6th 05 01:25 PM
Cordless Drill Gary Boyer Home Repair 7 December 11th 04 03:05 AM
Cordless drill and DIY kit at B&Q Steve UK diy 8 January 5th 04 09:33 AM