Doctor Evil

"dIMM" wrote in message
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

Get the Panasonic, no contest. Only Panasonic wanabes buy Makita's

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

TonyK

"dIMM" wrote in message
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

I'm not 100% convinved of the combination of SDS and cordless. I had/have a
non-functioning Bosch SDS cordless and although capable it never seemed
quite up to the job to the point I would sometimes grab my mains SDS. On the
whole I like cordless stuff just not had a fantastic experience with a £500
bosch.

Jim Alexander

"dIMM" wrote in message
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

Can't see any merit in spending that sort of money for limited battery
capacity when you could buy a genny for much less, use a corded SDS and
still have the genny for the next power cut.

Jim A

Big Phil

"dIMM" wrote in message ...
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

They're both good drills really, personally I'd go for the Panasonic,
I used to borrow my Dad's cordless Panasonic until it got stolen, so
presumabley even the theif thought it was good!

You also get slightly better batteries with it. No torque control
though, but I've never had the need for that on an SDS anyway.

My advice would be to go for the Panasonic and get a decent lock on
your garage!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Get the Panasonic, no contest. Only Panasonic wanabes buy Makita's

Advice from someone who only buys PPPro type tools?

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dIMM wrote:
I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have
the chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price.
All coimments aprrecaiated

What do you intend using it for?

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"dIMM" wrote in message
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have

the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

Can't see any merit in spending that sort of money for limited battery
capacity when you could buy a genny for much less, use a corded SDS and
still have the genny for the next power cut.

For home use you are totally correct. I advised a selfbuilder to do this
rather than buy expensive battery drills. Tradesmen on the road at times
have no alternative but to use expensive battery drills.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Cuprager

Doctor Evil wrote:
"dIMM" wrote in message

snip

OT, but i thought Doctor Evil and dIMM were the same person... am i
mistaken?
Member

...and he has a blow from the DIY caber making to brainwave this wisdom tio us......wait for it...

Quote:
Advice from someone who only buys PPPro type tools?
...totallly meaningless of course, with no point whatsoever...yes that is what your all read....this is what cabers do for you......

Kaiser

"TonyK" wrote in message

"dIMM" wrote in message
Has anyone any opinion on the following drills:

http://tinyurl.com/4qz2t

I know makita stuff is normally the dogs cahunas but I have panasonic
cordless drills and they really are the dogs cahunas. Both drills have
the
chiselling faciltity.......whoopeee. And both are of similar price. All
coimments aprrecaiated

I'm not 100% convinved of the combination of SDS and cordless. I had/have
non-functioning Bosch SDS cordless and although capable it never seemed
quite up to the job to the point I would sometimes grab my mains SDS. On
the
whole I like cordless stuff just not had a fantastic experience with a
£500
bosch.

What do you expect? All cordless tools are a compromise when compared to
similar mains powered tools. I have a DeWalt cordless SDS and its adequate
but not impressive. Bosch are usually the best of the cordless SDS drills,
more Pro's use them than any other cordless SDS drill, unless you want to
spend a small fortune on a 36 volt Hilti TE 6-A.

dIMM

What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

Doctor Evil

"dIMM" wrote in message
What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

Do you mean you will pay £350 just so you don't have to unwind an extension
lead? Go to Wickes they have them in round plastic wind-in receptacles.
Much easier. Store near the SDS drill.

dIMM? Or do you have lots and lots of money waiting to be wasted? You
could advance and go to eIMM.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Tradesmen on the road at times have no alternative but to use expensive
battery drills.

But you constantly say they use PPPro, etc. ;-)

Which, of course, none do.

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Kaiser

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"dIMM" wrote in message
What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

Do you mean you will pay £350 just so you don't have to unwind an
extension
lead? Go to Wickes they have them in round plastic wind-in receptacles.
Much easier. Store near the SDS drill.

dIMM? Or do you have lots and lots of money waiting to be wasted? You
could advance and go to eIMM.

Got to say I agree with Dr Evil for once. Also why would you want to get the
charger out of its box plug it in and wait until the batteries are charged
before you can use the drill, it would be quicker to run a lead out and wind
it back when you finished. I only use a cordless if I'm working somewhere
there's no power within about 30m otherwise I prefer to use a mains powered
drill.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Advice from someone who only buys PPPro type tools?

..totallly meaningless of course, with no point whatsoever...yes that
is what your all read....this is what cabers do for you......

I only give advice on things I know about personally.

******s like you just quote specs and prices.

Do you own any tools? Apart from a hacksaw?

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dIMM wrote:
What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

Well, near any drill will do that.

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

So for occasional DIY use? More money than sense. The chances are the
batteries will be flat when you need it. And presumably if you keep a
mains drill in its case, you'll then have the bother of putting the
rechargeable one - and charger - and spare battery etc - back in its case
too? Then, of course, you'll still have to find a socket to recharge it.

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

The use of all those wasted full stops certainly puts you in the same sort
of area.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Advice from someone who only buys PPPro type tools?

..totallly meaningless of course, with no point whatsoever...yes that
is what your all read....this is what cabers do for you......

...........he storms away.........

I only give advice on things I
know about personally.

.....which is limited to only cabers.....yes ...sad but true.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
TonyK

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"TonyK" wrote in message

"dIMM" wrote in message
[...]

What do I expect? For £500 a better drill than I got! My point being that
the OP might want to consider a corded SDS if it was their only one as it is
less likely to dissapoint than a cordless version.

Kaiser

"TonyK" wrote in message

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"TonyK" wrote in message

"dIMM" wrote in message
[...]

What model Bosch did you pay £500 for? I have never seen a cordless Bosch
SDS drill costing that much.

dIMM

I know I may only be a bit of a weekend warrior (amongst other things....)
when it comes to the building trade but I do like to buy good kit. I have
been there and done it, bought the t-shirt etc when it comes to cheapo tools
and i kmow 99.9% of them are ****.........
Good quality tools get better results out of me and I tend to take better
care of them ie a cheap cordless drill of mine was used several times as a
hammer if a proper hammer was not immediately available.
Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new
tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying
tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Advice from someone who only buys PPPro type tools?

..totallly meaningless of course, with no point whatsoever...yes that
is what your all read....this is what cabers do for you......

I only give advice on things I know about personally.

******s like you just quote specs and prices.

Do you own any tools? Apart from a hacksaw?

No, it was removed at birth in accordance with darwin
--
dIMM

In message , dIMM
writes
I know I may only be a bit of a weekend warrior (amongst other things....)
when it comes to the building trade but I do like to buy good kit. I have
been there and done it, bought the t-shirt etc when it comes to cheapo tools
and i kmow 99.9% of them are ****.........
Good quality tools get better results out of me and I tend to take better
care of them ie a cheap cordless drill of mine was used several times as a
hammer if a proper hammer was not immediately available.
Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new
tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying
tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

Do you have a hacksaw ?

--
dIMM

In message , dIMM
writes
What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

Just don't go there

.... don't

--
dIMM
Big Phil

"dIMM" wrote in message ...
I know I may only be a bit of a weekend warrior (amongst other things....)
when it comes to the building trade but I do like to buy good kit. I have
been there and done it, bought the t-shirt etc when it comes to cheapo tools
and i kmow 99.9% of them are ****.........
Good quality tools get better results out of me and I tend to take better
care of them ie a cheap cordless drill of mine was used several times as a
hammer if a proper hammer was not immediately available.
Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new
tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying
tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

Know exactly what you mean. I treat DIY as a hobby, and as hobbies are
fun, it's fun to get decent tools to play with. SWMBO would rather
spend the money on getting a professional in to do in a week what it
takes me 6 months to do.

If you can afford it, over-spec your tools, that's what I say.
Professionals have things like profit and cashflow to worry about. For
DIYer's the only worries are "which of these 2 mega-tools shall I
purchase this month?", hence the start of this thread!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dIMM wrote:
Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new
tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying
tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

Absolutely not. It's a hobby, and you want the best. Others spend vast
amounts of money on their hobbies, so you do what you want.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

wrote in message news
In message , dIMM
writes
What do you intend using it for?

erm........drilling holes????......tee hee

The thought of getting my makita corded sds out of its box finding a
conveniant socket or extension lead sometimes gets too much. Also then
rewinding the cable and fitting it back in the case is a pain. Thats the
reason for wanting cordless sds!

ps I am no relation to IMM......just thought the name dIMM mathched my
personality......

Just don't go there

... don't

dIMM, dimm killer will kill you. These things do happen. Appalling really,
Dim Lin the harmless oriental enchantress, is at risk. Sad but true.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote in message ...
In message , dIMM
writes
I know I may only be a bit of a weekend warrior (amongst other

things....)
when it comes to the building trade but I do like to buy good kit. I have
been there and done it, bought the t-shirt etc when it comes to cheapo

tools
and i kmow 99.9% of them are ****.........
Good quality tools get better results out of me and I tend to take better
care of them ie a cheap cordless drill of mine was used several times as

hammer if a proper hammer was not immediately available.
Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new
tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying
tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

Do you have a hacksaw ?

I'm sure a powered one at that.